Control Panel does not open after reboot

lettierb

I cannot seem to open up control panel after I reboot the computer. Before I shut down I update the registry to perform a runonce so that my runs after I reboot. The first thing I want to do after reboot is to open control panel. Is there way to open control panel after doing a reboot and using the runonce?

Currently:

I am issuing a Shutdown(6) and then upon reboot I have used the command run("control").

@lettierb..I dont think u can start many applications using Runonce....the name sounds confusing..u are not actually running a program only once..its actually being run before Windows finishes loading...so I would just put the script in Run....

@lettierb..I dont think u can start many applications using Runonce....the name sounds confusing..u are not actually running a program only once..its actually being run before Windows finishes loading...so I would just put the script in Run....

I trying to configure a computer from scratch and it requires a lot of shutdowns. I do not want to keep click the script over and over again, so I am update the registry using

RegWrite ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce", "Run", "REG_SZ", "C:\MGC_Drivers\install_all_driver.exe")

This run my script after every reboot....You are that windows is not fully loaded at that time. Is there way to wait for it to be loaded before I start my Script?

@lettierb...No, windows will never finish loading when you launch your program. Thats what I said before about the "Runonce" it is only used run crap before windows fully loads. You need to write to the following registry instead:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

After you script is done and you dont want it to kick off on the next startup, just delete your entry.

@lettierb...No, windows will never finish loading when you launch your program. Thats what I said before about the "Runonce" it is only used run crap before windows fully loads. You need to write to the following registry instead:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

After you script is done and you dont want it to kick off on the next startup, just delete your entry.

Great!! That worked....I misunderstood the first time. Thanks for the help.