External Configuration File

Ok! I would like to know if anyone has any advice for my situation. I want to write a script that calls variables from an external editable file. For example let's say I have a script that does the following.

sleep("$RebootTimer1"); 23 Hours, 30 Minutes - RebootTimer1

; Here is where I will insert script that will connect to telnet and do some commands.

sleep("$RebootTimer2"); 30 Minutes - RebootTimer2

processclose("world.exe")
sleep("2000")
run("world.exe")

Ok so in short... RebootTimer (The 84600000 sleep timer) I need that to be changeable via an external ini or txt file.. With variables or something. Like this...

rebootconfig.ini

[Config]
$RebootTimer1=84600000
//RebootTimer1 is the total time until it logs into telnet
$RebootTimer2=1800000
//RebootTimer2 is the grace period after reboottimer2.

I'll pay money for information on how to do this. :)

Edited by Richardo

[center][/center][center]Xonos Development[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]- Resources -[/font]AutoIT Documentation | Active Directory UDF | Windows Services UDF | Koda GUI Designer[/center]

He said you posted the thread in wrong section, and he moved it to the correct one.

"I'll pay money for information on how to do this."

This is a general help and support section. You don't have to pay to get help..

Yes, why don't you try ini commands?

• Developers

this sleep("$RebootTimer1") and sleep("$RebootTimer2") won't work. It needs to be a Number not a Literal string.

maybe: sleep($RebootTimer1) and sleep($RebootTimer2) ? (don't know how you set the values)

same for sleep("2000") which should be sleep(2000)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok! I never noticed iniread or iniwrite before! I am still getting used to this! Thanks for the information guys. :) So sorry for posting in the wrong section!

[center][/center][center]Xonos Development[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]- Resources -[/font]AutoIT Documentation | Active Directory UDF | Windows Services UDF | Koda GUI Designer[/center]

Just an update for future reference... I figured it out! Here is a reference script if anyone else needs help.

Variables do work in the sleep function.

$var = IniRead("test.ini", "section", "test", "NotFound")
sleep($var);10 seconds set for this variable 10000 miliseconds
MsgBox(4096, "Timer", $var);messages you with a msg box in 10 seconds

Ini File

[section]
test=10000
Edited by Richardo