How to install foobar.sys driver?

joew

Hello,

I am new to AutoIt, but I have already managed to do my first steps. I've managed to get almost all of the drivers on my laptop be installed unattended with autoit. There's only one left, which I simply can't figure how to get a handle on it: the broadcom bcm4sbxp.sys comes without a setup.exe. I can install this beast manually by

StartMenu/ControlPanel/System/Hardware/Devicemanager/Ethernet/Newl/browse

and then selecting the bcm4sbxp.sys file in the dialog. But how would I install this beast automated with autoit?

Hello,

I am new to AutoIt, but I have already managed to do my first steps. I've managed to get almost all of the drivers on my laptop be installed unattended with autoit. There's only one left, which I simply can't figure how to get a handle on it: the broadcom bcm4sbxp.sys comes without a setup.exe. I can install this beast manually by

StartMenu/ControlPanel/System/Hardware/Devicemanager/Ethernet/Newl/browse

and then selecting the bcm4sbxp.sys file in the dialog. But how would I install this beast automated with autoit?

Might be able to ShellExecute() or Run() a command line with DEVCON.EXE to do it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks for the response, PsaltyDS!

This was exactly what I was looking for!

At a closer check, I see that devcon installs PCI\VEN_14E4 (which is OK, because this is what I requested). But in addition, there is an additional network adapter (ROOT\NET\0000 "Unnamed device", with a yellow question mark attached). This might be the symbol that was shown before I installed the driver. Why is this symbol not removed when the driver was installed? This was the command line I issued:

$d="E:\driver+updates\ftp.work.acer-euro.com\notebook\travelmate_2490\driver\"

RunWait ("c:\devcon\i386\devcon.exe install " & $d & "Lan_10_100M_v4.37.0.0\b44win.inf PCI\VEN_14E4")

Shutdown(2)

Updated info:

- In contrast to my assumption in my previous message, the unnamed device don't appear before I run the command described above.

- The unnamed device has an exclamination mark attached, not a question mark.

- When I try to remove this device, I get the error message that it can not be removed because it is needed for booting.

- When I try to remove the driver for this device, I get the error message that no driver is installed for it.

- The driver search assistent keeps popping up all the time, so the system is unusable for serious work.

I tried to reinstall from scratch and installed the driver manually by clicking through ContorlPanel/System/Hardware/DeviceManager/etc/pp this time. When installing it this way, the problem described above don't appear. Unfortunately, the ControlPanel/System component don't seem to play well with autoit.