Clicking Hidden button in IE

Hello there,

I have a button in one of a Frames on my Web page - but this button is made as hidden:

================================

<INPUT type=hidden value=ok name=displayStatus> <INPUT type=submit value=Search> </FORM>

$oForm2 = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 1)
$oSearch = _IEGetObjByName ($oForm2, "displayStatus")
_IEAction($oSearch, "click")

But it does not work although no errors either ("Debug: $oSearch is an object. Type = DispHTMLInputElement")...

Are a special Click should be used for this case??

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

I have a button in one of a Frames on my Web page - but this button is made as hidden:

<INPUT type=hidden value=ok name=displayStatus> <INPUT type=submit value=Search> </FORM>

$oForm2 = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 1)
$oSearch = _IEGetObjByName ($oForm2, "displayStatus")
_IEAction($oSearch, "click")

But it does not work although no errors either ("Debug: $oSearch is an object. Type = DispHTMLInputElement")...

Are a special Click should be used for this case??

Thanks in advance.

type=hidden is NOT a button. It is a hidden text field with a value of "ok".

The DOM lets you click on it, but it won't do anything.

If you want to click on the type=submit button, it is a completely seperate element. See _IEFormElemetGetCollection or _IETagnameGetCollection($oIE, "INPUT", figure-out-the-0-based-index)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

type=hidden is NOT a button. It is a hidden text field with a value of "ok".

The DOM lets you click on it, but it won't do anything.

If you want to click on the type=submit button, it is a completely seperate element. See _IEFormElemetGetCollection or _IETagnameGetCollection($oIE, "INPUT", figure-out-the-0-based-index)

Dale

Thanks a lot DaleHohm for your reply!! Is there an easy way to figure out "0-based-index"???

Also one more question (out of real subject of this topic - but related) - is there a way to see what is actually got retruned by any of the "_IE...Collection" (so for newby like me it would be easier to figure out what is wrong - when I'm getting error "Not Match")???

Please show me something that indicates that you have actually read the documentation on these functions in the helpfile and worked through the examples instead of just asking here because it is easier...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Please show me something that indicates that you have actually read the documentation on these functions in the helpfile and worked through the examples instead of just asking here because it is easier...

Dale

Hi DaleHohm,

I guess I'm risking to be banded from this Forum with all my dumb questions (and taking too much of other ppl's time) :) ... But you're right I'm asking it here partially because it's easy for me, Sorry. But also partially because I'm new not only into AutoIt but into coding as well and not all Help is clear for me. That is why I'm wondering if I can see what is actually got retruned by the "_EI...Collection" - so I can try to figure out when it's not clear for me from Help. (I.e. I was trying to print out into file an Object returned but getting nothing:

$oSearch = _IETagNameGetCollection ($oForm2, "INPUT", 2)

_FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & "\my3.log", $oSearch)

Still no warm fuzzies for me. Go and bring me the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West Go and read about _IETagNameGetCollection in the helpfile and tell me what the example for that function does. I will then at least trust that you know how to open the helpfile and I will be happy to help you with your questions.

Dale

Still no warm fuzzies for me. Go and bring me the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West Go and read about _IETagNameGetCollection in the helpfile and tell me what the example for that function does. I will then at least trust that you know how to open the helpfile and I will be happy to help you with your questions.

Dale

Ahhhaaa ... :) Got it!!!! :) Thanks DaleHohm!!!!! (And sorry for wasting your time.)

Although in the example

"$oInput.form.name & " Type: " & $oInput.type"

- where can I find out what else I can use other then ".form.name" and ".type"??

You need to go to MSDN for that detail... see my sig.

Suggest you can also:

$oInput.form.name & " Type: " & $oInput.type & " HTML: " & _IEPropertyGet($oInput, "outerhtml")

Dale

You need to go to MSDN for that detail... see my sig.

Suggest you can also:

$oInput.form.name & " Type: " & $oInput.type & " HTML: " & _IEPropertyGet($oInput, "outerhtml")

Dale

Thanks a lot DaleHohm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)