Really complicated IE question.

Okay I've recently become aware of some anti-script in alot of websites. Alot of them including a javascript function that sends back where you were clicking on the button and where your mouse was when the button was clicked. Is there any way to click a button in ie (without using mouseclick) at different co-ordinates?

Parameters

title The title of the window to access. 
text The text of the window to access. 
controlID The control to interact with. See Controls. 
button [optional] The button to click, "left", "right" or "middle". Default is the left button. 
clicks [optional] The number of times to click the mouse. Default is 1. 
x [optional] The x position to click within the control. Default is center. 
y [optional] The y position to click within the control. Default is center.

Remarks

Some controls will resist clicking unless they are the active window. Use the WinActivate() function to force the control's window to the top before using ControlClick().

Using 2 for the number of clicks will send a double-click message to the control - this can even be used to launch programs from an explorer control!

Okay I've recently become aware of some anti-script in alot of websites. Alot of them including a javascript function that sends back where you were clicking on the button and where your mouse was when the button was clicked. Is there any way to click a button in ie (without using mouseclick) at different co-ordinates?

huh?

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Far too complicated!

(Above posts work? o.o)

tolle indicium

huh?

You don't understand huh =P Um I just need a way to click a button in ie minimized (not using mouseclick or mouseclickplus) preferrably an ie func, at a random point on the button. button.click just submits it as if it were clicked at 0,0 every time. control click doesn't work in ie :)

An Imagemap is the only element taht I am aware of that transmits mouse-click coordinates. I'd like to see and example of this.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

An Imagemap is the only element taht I am aware of that transmits mouse-click coordinates. I'd like to see and example of this.

Dale

I'm not quite sure how it works as the source is obfuscated. but somehow the website owner knows where you are clicking on the button and what % is clicked in the same spot.

It is possible I suppose to have an onclick event that then examines the window.event property to get additional information.

You cannot specify where to click on an object with a .click action. You can get the element geometry with _IEPropertyGet and then move the mouse prior to the click... would require a visible browser however.

Dale

p.s. I don't think there is any way that the HTML for the elements on the page can be obfuscated or the DOM would not know how to read it. Examine with DebugBar if you have not already.

Edited by DaleHohm