SysListView32 and 3.2.11.2

Hi,

I have an App with a number of instances of same name/ ID SysListView32 on different tabs/ achild windows.

3.2.11.2 seems to retrieve a different instance;

can I specify this better?

WinActivate('Medical')
    Local $WindowHwnd = HWnd(WinGetHandle('Medical'))
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("@error                                      $WindowHwnd@error=" & @error & @LF)
    ConsoleWrite("$WindowHwnd =" & $WindowHwnd & @LF)
    Local $TabControl_HWnd = ControlGetHandle($WindowHwnd, '', '[Class:SysTabControl32;Instance:1]')
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("@error                                      $TabControl_HWnd @error=" & @error & @LF)
    ConsoleWrite("$TabControl_HWnd =" & $TabControl_HWnd & @LF)
    ControlSend('Medical', "", $TabControl_HWnd, "!l!x"); 'Curr&x'

Local $FileListView_HWnd = ControlGetHandle($WindowHwnd, '', '[Class:SysListView32;Instance:8]');100);
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("@error                                      $FileListView_HWnd @error=" & @error & @LF)
    Local $d = 0, $i = 0, $colCount = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($FileListView_HWnd), $i, $aItems[100]

Working in 3.2.11.1

$WindowHwnd =0x0078049C

$TabControl_HWnd =0x00A405D6

Col Count: 20 for $FileListView_HWnd=0x019D0606

Not Working in 3.2.11.2

$WindowHwnd =0x0078049C

$TabControl_HWnd =0x00A405D6

Col Count: 7 for $FileListView_HWnd=0x00620792

So it retrieves a different instance with 7 cols instead of 20 cols

Class SysListView32

Instance 8

ClassNameNN SysListView328

ID 100

Class SysListView32

Instance 8

ClassNameNN SysListView328

ID 111

Only the ID is different here (in fact sometimes the same, but not for this problem;)

But I can't seem to retrieve it using ID alone..

Is there some syntax method I am missing here?

Best, Randall

Hi,

I have an App with a number of instances of same name/ ID SysListView32 on different tabs/ achild windows.

3.2.11.2 seems to retrieve a different instance;

can I specify this better?

WinActivate('Medical')
    Local $WindowHwnd = HWnd(WinGetHandle('Medical'))
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("@error                                      $WindowHwnd@error=" & @error & @LF)
    ConsoleWrite("$WindowHwnd =" & $WindowHwnd & @LF)
    Local $TabControl_HWnd = ControlGetHandle($WindowHwnd, '', '[Class:SysTabControl32;Instance:1]')
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("@error                                      $TabControl_HWnd @error=" & @error & @LF)
    ConsoleWrite("$TabControl_HWnd =" & $TabControl_HWnd & @LF)
    ControlSend('Medical', "", $TabControl_HWnd, "!l!x"); 'Curr&x'

Local $FileListView_HWnd = ControlGetHandle($WindowHwnd, '', '[Class:SysListView32;Instance:8]');100);
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("@error                                      $FileListView_HWnd @error=" & @error & @LF)
    Local $d = 0, $i = 0, $colCount = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($FileListView_HWnd), $i, $aItems[100]

Working in 3.2.11.1

Not Working in 3.2.11.2

So it retrieves a different instance with 7 cols instead of 20 cols

Only the ID is different here (in fact sometimes the same, but not for this problem;)

But I can't seem to retrieve it using ID alone..

Is there some syntax method I am missing here?

Best, Randall

Hi,

Difficult to find the difference without having such specific windows.

The modifications done in .2 is only when scnning the pattern. No change in in the matching mechanism :)

Can you send a script reproducing the behavior of such Tab/listview?

Hi,

I don't know how to write an app with those controls ["SysTab32" and "SysListView32"], if that is your question..

1. From another program, the controls are distinguished by the tab name being identified;

("Rx" and "Progress" respectively in control definition)

<GETCONTROLP:01:MDW3.EXE:007:ShellWindowMedicalMDIClientDocAppWindow

Blood Donor Bd 4005649WndAppWindow#32770#32770Rx SysListView32>

<GETCONTROLP:01:MDW3.EXE:007:ShellWindowMedicalMDIClientDocAppWindow

Blood Donor Bd 4005649WndAppWindow#32770#32770ProgressSysListView32>

2. "Info" in scite gives a control hex number; but using that as the handle does not work (not as number, hex of string, or string); is there a way of using that?

3. what do you mean that 11.2 "reads" differently?

thanks, Randall

Edited by randallc

Hi,

I don't know how to write an app with those controls ["SysTab32" and "SysListView32"], if that is your question..

1. From another program, the controls are distinguished by the tab name being identified;

("Rx" and "Progress" respectively in control definition)

2. "Info" in scite gives a control hex number; but using that as the handle does not work (not as number, hex of string, or string); is there a way of using that?

3. what do you mean that 11.2 "reads" differently?

thanks, Randall

CtrlTab and CtrlListview can perhaps do the same as your application is doing.

Can you post pictures of the window so I can see on what it is working on. I assume at least the initial and after the controlsend

Hi,

I guess; I'll have to see if there are example scripts out there with 2 ListViews on different tabs; I'll look.

oK i'll try to pm or attch screenshots; not very good at it and will have to nut it out.

the "initial screen", when I am running it, is the same as after controlsend; I only put that there in case the initial is ever not that tab

Why it takes the sysListView32 from the other tab is unclear; appears to be nothing to do with it ever having been visible, though!

randall

PS

Any thoughts? Edited by randallc

CtrlTab and CtrlListview can perhaps do the same as your application is doing.

No, I don't think i can replicate it.

If I put 2 LVs on different tabs with AutoiTt, the second one become "instance2", not a second "instance1"

best, randall

PS I have PMd the screen shots..