Controls list?

Hey, how would I go about generating a list of controls on a window? I'm pretty sure it can be done, but just how...

I have a pretty good bet its something right infront of my face but I'm just not seeing it.

Please help!

Thanks

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

• Moderators

Hey, how would I go about generating a list of controls on a window? I'm pretty sure it can be done, but just how...

I have a pretty good bet its something right infront of my face but I'm just not seeing it.

Please help!

Thanks

WinGetClassList()?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

*sigh*

It must be the lack of sleep...

I'll check it out!

Anyway, thanks!

Edited by MethodZero

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

• Moderators

*sigh*

It must be the lack of sleep...

I'll check it out!

Anyway, thanks!

Yeah, opening the help file could get cumbersome after a while.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

lol..yea.. well, I sorta looked at all the commands under "Control" and hadn't figured it'd have something to do with classes... thanks.. again...

Oh, one more thing, would you happen to know how to drag a GUI?

Well, I remember it was a really simple function, something to do with a Dll. I'm trying to make my own skin with a few images and I want to be able to drag the gui around by the title bar like any other window(as if you clicked and held the title bar of any window)

I don't want to make a new thread about it but I don't think anyone will answer that ^

Edit: I Found ~ish a modified verion of one copied from one of Zedna's scripts, but it is a bit different , it has something to do with the $h here

Func Drag($h)
    Dllcall("user32.dll","int","ReleaseCapture")
    DllCall("user32.dll","int","SendMessage","hWnd", $h,"int",$WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN,"int", $HTCAPTION,"int", 0)
EndFunc

Edit: another "DOH!" on my part... $h is the window! *sigh*

Edited by MethodZero

• Moderators

lol..yea.. well, I sorta looked at all the commands under "Control" and hadn't figured it'd have something to do with classes... thanks.. again...

Oh, one more thing, would you happen to know how to drag a GUI?

Well, I remember it was a really simple function, something to do with a Dll. I'm trying to make my own skin with a few images and I want to be able to drag the gui around by the title bar like any other window(as if you clicked and held the title bar of any window)

I don't want to make a new thread about it but I don't think anyone will answer that ^

Edit: I Found ~ish a modified verion of one copied from one of Zedna's scripts, but it is a bit different , it has something to do with the $h here

Func Drag($h)
    Dllcall("user32.dll","int","ReleaseCapture")
    DllCall("user32.dll","int","SendMessage","hWnd", $h,"int",$WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN,"int", $HTCAPTION,"int", 0)
EndFunc

Edit: another "DOH!" on my part... $h is the window! *sigh*

$h is the "Hwnd" not the title (Use WinGetHandle()).