Hello =)

Where can I go to learn the basics of how to make super simple scripts to press buttons at specific times? I know how to do a really basic linear one, but I need it to do multiple things at once.

For example:

Press "1" twice every 25 seconds

Press "2" twice every 700 seconds

Press "3" every second

And have the script loop until I stop it.

I could probably figure out how to manually set up the timing, but I'd like to keep the script as simple as possible.

Though I'd appreciate if someone could write such a script for me (I imagine it would be a very simple thing to do), I'd also like to learn how to write my own scripts, so if someone could show me where I could start learning the basics, I'd be very grateful.

Edited by Raust84

• Moderators

Where can I go to learn the basics of how to make super simple scripts to press buttons at specific times? I know how to do a really basic linear one, but I need it to do multiple things at once.

For example:

Press "1" twice every 25 seconds

Press "2" twice every 700 seconds

Press "3" every second

And have the script loop until I stop it.

Though I'd appreciate if someone could write such a script for me (I imagine it would be a very simple thing to do), I'd also like to learn how to write my own scripts, so if someone could show me where I could start learning the basics, I'd be very grateful.

No one will write it for you. You didn't offer to pay :)

The help file and AutoIt 123 link below is where you need to start (Just like the rest of us did).

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

No one will write it for you. You didn't offer to pay :)

The help file and AutoIt 123 link below is where you need to start (Just like the rest of us did).

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

I'm expected to offer to pay for something that couldn't possibly take more than 30 seconds? Lets see, if we assume that on average one makes... Oh, I don't know, lets say $40/hr, and if we further assume that it takes 2 minutes to write such a script, to whom should I write a check for $1.33? I really hope you were kidding about offering to pay, because that's like demanding that someone at work pay you if you pick up a dropped pencil. I didn't even ask for someone to write it for me, I just said I'd appreciate if someone would, but more importantly, I'd like to know where I should start learning--or do I need to pay someone to find that out as well?

I checked out the link you provided, it seems to be about making GUIs... Seems irrelevant, am I mistaken?

Edited by Raust84

I'm expected to offer to pay for something that couldn't possibly take more than 30 seconds? Lets see, if we assume that on average one makes... Oh, I don't know, lets say $40/hr, and if we further assume that it takes 2 minutes to write such a script, to whom should I write a check for $1.33? I really hope you were kidding about offering to pay, because that's like demanding that someone at work pay you if you pick up a dropped pencil. I didn't even ask for someone to write it for me, I just said I'd appreciate if someone would, but more importantly, I'd like to know where I should start learning--or do I need to pay someone to find that out as well?

stop whining and pay up.

:)

• Moderators

I checked out the link you provided, it seems to be about making GUIs... Seems irrelevant, am I mistaken?

1. I was kidding about the payment.

2. I wasn't kidding that NO ONE will make it for you.

This is a scripting forum, not a drive up servicing forum (Seems I've been saying that a lot lately).

Many of us just wanted one thing when we first arrived here, and hoped that someone would do the work for us...

Those of us that remain and help the progression of AutoIt didn't get a script made for us, we were directed to the tools necessary to accomplish what it is we needed and or wanted to do.

So I provided direction:

1. The AutoIt Help File, filled with many of the functions you will use for current and future projects.

2. AuotIt 123, a application made to help further your understanding of functions, what the are, and how they work for specific tasks (Not just GUI related).

AutoIt 123 was created by a user just like you... Over time he has developed some pretty damn good coding habbits and loves to share them with the masses (At no charge mind you, some of his projects take months).

So you see, it's an insult to those of us that have busted our asses to understand a coding language, never receiving a hand out, but instead a point in the right direction, for someone to come in and Ask/Demand/Request for us to do the work for them without 1 ounce of effort on their part.

The functions you will want to look at for your goal are more than likely:

While/WEnd : Loop so you can continuously do what it is that you want.

If/Then: A condition statement, so that if something is true or false you will be able to make an action

Sleep(): A function that suspends the script for x number of milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second)

Send(): A function that sends characters as if you had typed them on your keyboard

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

1. I was kidding about the payment.

2. I wasn't kidding that NO ONE will make it for you.

This is a scripting forum, not a drive up servicing forum (Seems I've been saying that a lot lately).

Many of us just wanted one thing when we first arrived here, and hoped that someone would do the work for us...

Those of us that remain and help the progression of AutoIt didn't get a script made for us, we were directed to the tools necessary to accomplish what it is we needed and or wanted to do.

So I provided direction:

1. The AutoIt Help File, filled with many of the functions you will use for current and future projects.

2. AuotIt 123, a application made to help further your understanding of functions, what the are, and how they work for specific tasks (Not just GUI related).

AutoIt 123 was created by a user just like you... Over time he has developed some pretty damn good coding habbits and loves to share them with the masses (At no charge mind you, some of his projects take months).

So you see, it's an insult to those of us that have busted our asses to understand a coding language, never receiving a hand out, but instead a point in the right direction, for someone to come in and Ask/Demand/Request for us to do the work for them without 1 ounce of effort on their part.

The functions you will want to look at for your goal are more than likely:

While/WEnd : Loop so you can continuously do what it is that you want.

If/Then: A condition statement, so that if something is true or false you will be able to make an action

Sleep(): A function that suspends the script for x number of milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second)

Send(): A function that sends characters as if you had typed them on your keyboard

Thanks for your help. I'd like to ask you to re-read my first post, I didn't ask anyone to do it for me, but I did assume that that's what would happen if I didn't specify that I would like more than that.

"Though I'd appreciate if someone could write such a script for me (I imagine it would be a very simple thing to do), I'd also like to learn how to write my own scripts, so if someone could show me where I could start learning the basics, I'd be very grateful."

Anyway, I'll look at the help file and AutoIt 123 when I have the time, right now I've just started working again, so I won't have time to learn AutoIt.

Thank you for your post, I didn't realize that the 'offer to pay' thing was a joke, so I'm sorry that my reply post was a little angry.