Setting Right Control / Alt Key In Hotkey

Guest CYTEXONE

You can't.

The following hotkeys cannot be set:

Ctrl+Alt+Delete - It is reserved by Windows

F12 - It is also reserved by Windows, according to its API.

NumPad's Enter Key - Instead, use {Enter} which captures both Enter keys on the keyboard.

Win+B,D,E,F,L,M,R,U; and Win+Shift+M - These are built-in Windows shortcuts. Note: Win+B and Win+L might only be reserved on Windows XP and above.

Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Win - These are the modifier keys themselves!

Other - Any global hotkeys a user has defined using third-party software, any combos of two or more "base keys" such as '{F1}{F2}', and any keys of the form '{LALT}' or '{ALTDOWN}'.

Edited by Saunders

alt key is symbolized with the !. I've set hotkeys with alt + a letter before. For example u could make it Hotkeyset("!a", Shutdown). Just search the helpfile for Send, or Hotkeyset. If I remember right you should find a list of values for the keys under the Send topic. Just try it out.

(-|_) -|- ( _|-)

• 4 months later...
Guest smu_tek

I've made HotKeyset("!a", "ShowMsg") and it works only when I hit "Left ALT" and the "a" letter. It doesn't work with "Right ALT". I work with WinXP Sp1. Could someone check it. I want to catch some Polish fonts that are assigned with "Right ALT" as a modyfier.

I've made HotKeyset("!a", "ShowMsg") and it works only when I hit "Left ALT" and the "a" letter. It doesn't work with "Right ALT". I work with WinXP Sp1. Could someone check it. I want to catch some Polish fonts that are assigned with "Right ALT" as a modyfier.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

XP Pro SP2 here, works with either.

Keyboard setup also could be an issue?

:)