_IEAttach problem on v3.2.11.1 (beta)

Hi,

I am trying to click a button on a web page dialogbox.

1. How can I do that?

2. When I use '$oIE = _IEAttach ("Select Object -- Web Page Dialog","Embedded")', I got following error message.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (4185) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Return $oIE.document.parentwindow

Return $oIE.Document^ ERROR

Please find below information of the window for your reference.

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  Select Object -- Web Page Dialog
Class:  Internet Explorer_TridentDlgFrame
Position:   522, 216
Size:   1000, 770
Style:  0x96CC0000
ExStyle:    0x00000101
Handle: 0x00240B3C

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  Internet Explorer_Server
Instance:   1
ClassnameNN:    Internet Explorer_Server1
ID: 
Text:   
Position:   0, 0
Size:   992, 736
ControlClick Coords:    348, 204
Style:  0x56000000
ExStyle:    0x00000000
Handle: 0x021F0D7A

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:   874, 450
Cursor ID:  2
Color:  0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

I would be thankful for any help...

Hi,

I am trying to click a button on a web page dialogbox.

1. How can I do that?

2. When I use '$oIE = _IEAttach ("Select Object -- Web Page Dialog","Embedded")', I got following error message.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (4185) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Please find below information of the window for your reference.

>>>> Window <<<<
Title:  Select Object -- Web Page Dialog
Class:  Internet Explorer_TridentDlgFrame
Position:   522, 216
Size:   1000, 770
Style:  0x96CC0000
ExStyle:    0x00000101
Handle: 0x00240B3C

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  Internet Explorer_Server
Instance:   1
ClassnameNN:    Internet Explorer_Server1
ID: 
Text:   
Position:   0, 0
Size:   992, 736
ControlClick Coords:    348, 204
Style:  0x56000000
ExStyle:    0x00000000
Handle: 0x021F0D7A

>>>> Mouse <<<<
Position:   874, 450
Cursor ID:  2
Color:  0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

I would be thankful for any help...

The information from the Info tool really is not helpful.

Please describe the window you are trying to connect to in more detail, please include ALL of the text output to the SciTe console, add this near the top of your code: _IEErrorHandlerEnable() and please provide a reprodcer that would allow me to see the same behavior if possible.

Thanks,

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

The information from the Info tool really is not helpful.

Please describe the window you are trying to connect to in more detail, please include ALL of the text output to the SciTe console, add this near the top of your code: _IEErrorHandlerEnable() and please provide a reprodcer that would allow me to see the same behavior if possible.

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Dale,

There is no _IEErrorHandlerEnable() in the latest version.

The window is a pup-up window when I click a button in the main page. The main page is a HTTPS connection. Below is the screen of the window that I am working for:

post-5593-1205895832_thumb.jpg

Here is all the text output in SciTe console:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "Z:\AutoIT\sample\test1.AU3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams    
+>10:38:02 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.6   Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000804  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2  CPU:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
+>10:38:02 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.11.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "Z:\AutoIT\sample\test1.AU3"  
->10:38:03 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1   Time: 2.679

Hope you can help...

Thanks,

Heman

Edited by heman6888

Ooops. Sorry, _IEErrorHandlerRegister()

Can you provide a reproducer?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Dale,

Below is the text output in SciTe console with _IEErrorHandlerRegister():

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "Z:\AutoIT\sample\test1.AU3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams    
+>15:13:57 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.6   Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000804  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2  CPU:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
+>15:13:57 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.11.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "Z:\AutoIT\sample\test1.AU3"  
--> COM Error Encountered in test1.AU3
----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 4185
----> $IEComErrorNumberHex = 80020009
----> $IEComErrorNumber = -2147352567
----> $IEComErrorWinDescription = Access is denied.
----> $IEComErrorDescription = Access is denied.
----> $IEComErrorSource = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpFile = C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.hlp
----> $IEComErrorHelpContext = 0
----> $IEComErrorLastDllError = 0

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IEStatus_NoMatch
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEPropertySet, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
+>15:13:58 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 1.924

OK, the key is the "Access is denied."

This is typically caused by trying to script accross frames in different domains.

I have also seen this occur if the browser or frame is in the middle of an update (or in an Ajax application that is doing dynamic document updates).

You still have shred no code so there is little else I can help you with. Check for the frames issue, try adding _IELoadWait to insure the document is quiescent, narrow down the source of the trouble.

Dale

Hard to say, but perhaps _IEAttach or _IEAttach with embedded (make sure to use autoit 3.2.11.x)

Dale