Does BlockInput in one script blocks input from other script?

Does BlockInput in one script blocks input from other script if they are both running?

If so, is there anyway to get by this?

I need to lock all use of mouse and keyboard while a bunch of other standalone scripts are being run..

Martin

can you give some more information ? which other script are you menting about ? a autoIT script ? if so, have a look at this

Operating System "BlockInput" Results

Windows 95 No effect.

Windows 98/Me User input is blocked but AutoIt is also unable to simulate input.

Windows NT 4 (Without ServicePack 6) No effect.

Windows NT 4 (With ServicePack 6) User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate most input.

Windows 2000 User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate most input.

Windows XP User input is blocked and AutoIt can simulate most input. See exceptions below.

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

can you give some more information ? which other script are you menting about ? a autoIT script ? if so, have a look at this

Well, all the scripts I have issues with are all autoit scripts.

Via an Altiris deployment server I roll out a script that pops up a big window with a message that software is being installed and then locks the mouse and keyboard (BlockInput). This scripts has an endless loop and only should quit when the computer reboots.

Some of the software being rolled out by the server is newer and have a silent option, but some of the software I need to use other autoit scripts.

But when the first scripts is running (and locking the mouse and keyboard) the other scripts can't make any inputs.

The problem as I see it is that the scripts are running independently. But I do not have the option to make one big script, as the software I need to install varies alot.

The way I solved it so far is to kill the lockout script and do a BlockInput with the install script and then relaunch the lockout script.

Another I though of doing it could be to have the lockout script look for an install script and then disable the lock and have the install script lock again.

Is there other ways of doing it??

Hope it makes sense..

Martin

But when the first scripts is running (and locking the mouse and keyboard) the other scripts can't make any inputs.

The problem as I see it is that the scripts are running independently. But I do not have the option to make one big script, as the software I need to install varies alot.

You can make a script that can run other scripts. If your setups vary a lot and are contained within a folder, then you could use FileFindFirstFile/FileFindNextFile to find each script and then run each script found in the folder. This may help with the overlap of running scripts. This script here I created does a search of scripts, opens a Gui with choices found... so the source may help you understand the idea.

:)