Folder exists

Topic should have been named Registry Exists. Sorry.

Hi, I've looked through the help file and couldn't find a function that would tell me if a registry entry exists. I thought I saw it in the forums but I don't remember where I found it. Could someone help?

Brian

Edited by briancaulkins

• Moderators

Hi, I've looked through the help file and couldn't find a function that would tell me if a registry entry exists. I thought I saw it in the forums but I don't remember where I found it. Could someone help?

Brian

RegRead()?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

So could I do something like this,

If RegRead=(specific registry key) Then...

and it will do one thing if it matches the registry key or do another if it doesn't? Will that work?

Thanks for the reply.

Brian

Always one way to find out :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What better way of doing it?

If RegRead("regkey") Then $exists = true

Reading it would return anything there, if it doesn't exist, then there is nothing to read =P

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

• Moderators

DirGetSize() returns 0 if it doesn't exist.

:) On a registry key? :)