Use windows to schedule something for every hour or so

I know I've seen this somewhere but I'm not sure where and can't find it in my brief search.

Basically I want this script to run every hour or so and check for something. I know I could do this in a script but I would rather just have the process run every hour and then exit instead of constantly running.

Achilles

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I got this:

Run("at 22:08 run C:\asdf.exe")
Which isn't working. I looked at the CMD at is says that it is scheduled to "run C:\asdf.exe" but it gets an error and assigns it to the next day.

I only want this to be assigned once, and I'm not sure why it's assigning it to the next day. I'm also not sure why it doesn't work. asdf.exe, which is in the right directory is simply a compiled autoit script that shows a message box.

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

To set it to fire on an hour just one day or multiple days...

More info Here

Cheers

examples:

this would run on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays @ 10:05pm

Run('at 22:05 /every:M,W,F "c:\adsf.exe"')

Task Scheduler service needs to be running to add tasks via the AT commands..

Edited by smashly

Ok, so to get the basics down I tried using the wizard for adding tasks. But it's giving me this error message:

The new task has been created, but may not run because the account information could not be set.

The specific error is:

0x80070005: Access is denied.

Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application.

This might explain why none of my scheduled tasks are being run... For example, I tried manually adding this from the CMD:

at 22:23 C:\windows\notpad.exe
But it didn't do anything. Is that formatted right? Edited by Achilles

Look up at my edited post .. Task Scheduler service needs to be running.. is it?

Yes, it's running.

Ok, I'm getting some results now... rather odd ones though.

I set a task for 22:30 to run asdf.exe (which is Msgbox(0, '', '') compiled to an exe)... At 22:30 the sound of a message box was made but no message box showed up. Any ideas why?