2 problems.

$Gui = GUICreate("My Backup V1.1", 500, 200, 400, 300, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU + $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX , $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)

will get me resize the box, but can i inhitbit HORIZONTAL movement..

and :) GUICtrlSetResizing($hListView,$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM) doesn't work for _guictrllistview_create( is there a workround.

Any ideas Much appreciated..

• Moderators

$Gui = GUICreate("My Backup V1.1", 500, 200, 400, 300, $WS_SIZEBOX + $WS_SYSMENU + $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX , $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)

will get me resize the box, but can i inhitbit HORIZONTAL movement..

and :) GUICtrlSetResizing($hListView,$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM) doesn't work for _guictrllistview_create( is there a workround.

Any ideas Much appreciated..

GUICtrlSetResizing() looks like it wants the Control ID not the Handle that _GUICtrlListView_Create makes.

You might try GetDlgCtrlID (look for it on the forum or MSDN on how to use) to return _GUICtrlListView_Create's actual ControlID.

It still may only work for standard autoit controls in the GUI Control creation Function Reference though.

Then again, there's no code to test, so I don't much feel like creating a test example myself to see if it is actually the issue or not.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I have used autoit window info tool, and no CiD is found (nothing there)

so this is way too advanced for me...

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include<guilistview.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
$gui=GUICreate ("My gui",300,200,-1,-1,$WS_SIZEBOX+$WS_SYSMENU); start the definition

$hlistview=_GUICtrlListView_Create($gui,"I1|i2",5,5,180,180,BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_REPORT,$LVS_NOSORTHEADER ))
GUICtrlSetResizing($hlistview,$GUI_DOCKRIGHT)
_GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hlistview,"Test")

GUISetState ()              ; to display the GUI

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

• Moderators

There's an easy solution for that... Just use GUICtrlCreateListView and if you need the handle then use GUICtrlGetHandle

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.