Embeding source into exe so it can be recovered?

Heya,

I remember finding some posts about a way to embed a copy of your scripts source code into a compiled exe so it could be recovered if needed...

e.g. running "myscript.exe" would run the script... but running "myscript.exe /recover" would save a copy of the source code somewhere instead of running the script...

I can't find these posts anymore & would like to play around with this idea...

Any tips or pointers?

sorry if this is an easy question... I'm just starting out with AutoIT & scripting in general (besides basic Batch files).

Thanks!

JayMan

Heya,

I remember finding some posts about a way to embed a copy of your scripts source code into a compiled exe so it could be recovered if needed...

e.g. running "myscript.exe" would run the script... but running "myscript.exe /recover" would save a copy of the source code somewhere instead of running the script...

Any tips or pointers?

sorry if this is an easy question... I'm just starting out with AutoIT & scripting in general (besides basic Batch files).

Thanks!

JayMan

Method details here

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Heya,

Any tips or pointers?

Thanks!

JayMan

there is one in my signature