Problem with transparent GUI backgrounds

i542

Hello there

I am working on Alpha Calendar which also features planner. Since all of them feature lod3n's PNG as GUI thingy, I've stuck with transparent backgrounds on label.

While using $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT variable (from GuiConstantsEx.au3) I got partial black stroke on letters. So far I didn't mind it because I was using big fonts, but this is simply disgusting:

post-7337-1206117776_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I've managed to solve date and "Today's events" with using white color as background but I can not use same trick on letters because they are going over the gradient (which "marks" pages).

If anyone has a solution to this little/big problem, he/she is free to reply.

i542

I can do signature me.

Anyone cares? :)

Of course no one cares.

Dude! We all care! We just need time to figure something out. A great coder as yourself, has bigger problems then the noobs that ask how to run a program! Give it a little more time!

Of course no one cares.

Dude! We all care! We just need time to figure something out. A great coder as yourself, has bigger problems then the noobs that ask how to run a program! Give it a little more time!

I gave it a time.

And I am not a noob.

I can do signature me.

I wasnt calling you one. I was saying that this is a harder question, than the noobs who ask how to open scite. Your not one! And I know it, maybe no one is seeing this thread, I dont know. But your not a noob, and yes it has been a long time...I wonder...

I've tried labels over a gradient pic and can't see a problem. Maybe I don't understand your problem. Can you give some code or explain it a bit more?

So that you can see why I can't see a problem here's my test, and the gradient I used below.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$gui = GUICreate("label over gradient")

$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic("gradient01.bmp",0,0,400,300)
GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_DISABLE)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("something quite longish",100,100,220,22)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1,14)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,$GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT )

GUISetState()
While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
WEnd

gradient01.bmp

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hey that works. But not on my code: http://www.i542.net/AlphaPlanner.zip

Can you give a link to something where I can see the effect you're worried about? The link you gave only shows something if I add a couple of GUISETSTATE() lines, but even then it's not obvious how to get text to appear over the pages. (I don't want to spend time getting your example to work.)
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Can you give a link to something where I can see the effect you're worried about? The link you gave only shows something if I add a couple of GUISETSTATE() lines, but even then it's not obvious how to get text to appear over the pages. (I don't want to spend time getting your example to work.)

About GuiSetStates: sorry, I was in a hurry...

Text appears on custom PNG background (you have to unzip all in ZIP file first) and that long text appears over gradient which shows page center...like on picture I provided in first post.

I can do signature me.