What Would Cause This?

dazco

I have an autoit script i converted to an exe, and it's purpose is to open a number of things with run lines and to click a few buttons. It worked fine for months, then all of a sudden it's clicking up in the corner of the screen when it's supposed to click a button in the middle of the screen. The window with the button still opens exactly in the middle of the screen, but then the cursor goes to the top left corner to click ! I tried entering what i know to be the correct screen position clicks in the aut script(after converting from exe to edit it) and it still does it. I even tried deleting that part of the script and using autoscriptwriter to grab just that event and entered it into the scrip...still nothing works. I haven't changed my screen res or anything like that. In fact, i don't recall changing anything what so ever on my system before it started this.

The reason i'm trying to figure this out instead of just doing a new script is because it was a hard script to perfect in the 1st place, and i don't wanna go thru building it again. Any ideas?

You nailed it. it was indeed because it was not active, so the script took the desktop as the active window. Why, i don't know for sure, but i think i may know.......the window may have gotten moved slightly because i fixed it by changing the click coordinates just a few pixels. Seems it was hitting the file button on the window, and for whatever reason instead of opening the file menu it was de-activating the window. The window may have gotten moved slightly and therefore like some windows do, the spot it was moved to then became it's default opening position. I may have accidentally moved it slightly w/o realizing it.

In any case, thanks for the help !