Execute .au3 scripts via AutoItX?

kramed

Hello,

Great piece of software you have here, very impressive.

Anyways I would like to know if it is possible to execute regular .au3 scripts via the AutoItX .dll ? I need to automate several simple tasks in many different ways (each requiring a seperate script) on machines that will not have AutoIt. I know it is possible to use compiled scripts but was hoping that I could include the support to run the script in my program.

What are my other options if this is not possible? Compiling each script? Reading through the license it appears that distributing the Autoit3.exe is legal as long as the help chm is included. Am I clear on that issue?

Thanks,

Mark

• Moderators

I'm not sure if this is correct...

$ScriptPath = @ScriptDir & "\Hello.au3")
Run(@AutoItEXE & " " & $ScriptPath)
It's not.

Edit:

look for /AutoIt3ExecuteScript

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

It still works for me though... :)

Because you have autoit installed on that machine :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 4 weeks later...

This tip works great. I now advise my Intelliremote users who need more functionality than AutoITX can provide to just execute the full scripts this way. Very cool!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Melloware Inchttp://www.melloware.comHome of Intelliremote, take back control of your HTPC!www.intelliremote.com-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...