Yes! A fully functioning BubbleBreaker game clone :)

SadBunny

I made a game :)

After getting addicted to Windows Mobile 5's 'Bubble Breaker' I thought if I'm getting addicted anyway, why not to a nice looking version with rocking sound on a big monitor and speakers?

http://members.chello.nl/~b.bergsma5/BubbleBreaker.zip

This zip is a little over 6 megabites in size. But that's no problem, considering the nice mp3 soundtrack and sounds. I created everything myself, so I might be biased, but I believe it's worth it. Also my game reads oud your score aloud when you quit, using FruityLoops voice generator samples. In other words, it costs a couple of bytes in sound samples but it pays off! :)

The zip contains a bunch of .jpg pictures, ofcourse prospeed.au3 and .dll (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38549), and another couple of .mp3 sound files used in the game. And ofcourse BubbleBreaker.au3 which is what you'll want to run. I included a compiled BubbleBreaker.exe for easy access :party: But feel free to use the .au3 ofcourse.

Hope you like it! Let me know!

Note: all music, sounds and graphics have been created from scratch by myself. Software used: Photoshop CS2, FruityLoops 6 and WaveLab 5. Equipment: Roland EXR7 synthesizer as midi device.

/Edit:

Planned improvements:

* Instead of only lightening adjoined bubbles where the mouse is pointing, I would like that lightening to be constantly animated. Dimming of lit bubbles after leaving them with the mouse should also be animated while I'm at it anyway. Also dropping bubbles and shifting columns should be animated. Will have to search for a not-so-CPU-intensive way to animate that though. Also all dialogs are ugly Windows default - I can do that better! :lmao:

## To go short: even more eye candy...

* Support for the other game modes that Windows Mobile 5's Bubblebreaker version offers. (Or Jawbreaker on another mobile platform as I understood, or SameGnome as I have known it for years from the games included in the linux Gnome window manager.)

Known issues:

* There might be a small memory leak of some kind (....) Memory leaks should be fixed now. See

Screenshot:

http://members.chello.nl/~b.bergsma5/Bubbl..._Screenshot.JPG

Posted Image

Version 1.01 uploaded march 25th 2008, 4am:

- Now with unlimited 'play again' functionality as requested by JPAM (author of prospeed.au3 - check it out!)

- better looking highlit bubbles (not only lit but also blurred and flipped)

- better mouse handling (no ugly GuiGetMsg PrimaryDown/Up stuff, now using WinAPI, way better)

- better sound handling (sounds opened only once, or actually closed after use, prevents memory leaks and crashes)

- improved logic and interoperability of functions

- better protection for prospeed.dll's habit to mess up GUI when the mouse is off the GUI or when app is not active/focused

- increased volume of sine sweep sound played when a column disappears (it's cooler now, trust me ^_^ )

- algorithm improved for joined-bubble-array seeking

- multiple minor memory leaks fixed, program runs faster not and there should be no more crashes

Version 1.1 uploaded march 29th 2008, 4am:

- multiple bugfixes

- added lots of effects and nice pictures, most importantly to make all choices in nice effects on $hDC

- added showing of score and next score in GUI

- improved sound handling: all sounds that need to finish can now be broken off by the ESC key

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Bubble Breaker?? On my device it's called Jawbreaker (Pocket Pc 2003 second edition)

It's fun but what about the other game style's?? Any plans to implement them??

My favourite is MegaShift (got a high on 1892!!)

First, thanks for the comments.

Anyway, well I'll be sh*tfaced... I had no idea there were other modes. Now that you mention it, my mobile also has them! :)

I guess I'll first have to try them out and figure out the scoring... Probably after that I'll implement them.

But more importantly I'll be working on more funky prospeed stuff and do more visible effects for highlighting the adjoining-bubbles-selection under the mouse, dropping bubbles and shifting columns (this while thing is actually one big prospeed practise (and some recursion too :) )). Maybe I'll make a new song too. The one included now is probably too long for this game.

By the way, this game is AFAIK also included in the Gnome linux window manager by default in a full installation, only then it's called SameGnome and has little tiny planets as bubbles which spin when adjoined and mouse-pointed to. Also nice. But probably there's a gameboy version with yet another name, and probably there are at least 50 other versions with one exception from all the others for many different platforms. I thought I'd better not spend time on figuring out a brilliant name and just steel Microsofts inspiration on that, and invest my time in practising prospeed effects and playing my Roland :party:

Whats your high score Sad Bunny?

Actually until now I only played the autoit version for testing, not for high scoring :) On my mobile (with a fixed gridsize of 11x12) my high score seems to be 796...

Actually until now I only played the autoit version for testing, not for high scoring :) On my mobile (with a fixed gridsize of 11x12) my high score seems to be 796...

Check this :)

Posted Image

Holy crap! Dude my score on megashift is like 800! How did you get that!?!? Wow! Yeah Bunny, implement MegaShift, that would be soo cool! Anyway! Great job! Love the music and voice! :)

My highest score overall right now is 8520

(Your say: It's not possible!) Well, yeah it is, put the grid size: 1000 :)

Edited by R6V2

Holy crap! Dude my score on megashift is like 800! How did you get that!?!? Wow! Yeah Bunny, implement MegaShift, that would be soo cool! Anyway! Great job! Love the music and voice! :)

My highest score overall right now is 8520

(Your say: It's not possible!) Well, yeah it is, put the grid size: 1000 :)

lol

Hmm... the window is 700x700... Judging from your post I should implement some foolproof-ness and make 700 the maximum grid size I guess ;-)

I'd set it at like max 70... because 1000 is way too small you cant see them, same with 100... :)

I tend to agree... I'll let the user choose though, and not enforce a maximum :)

You should post a screenshot as it is ace!

256 my first time :)

I like the algorithm you have there!

Thanks!

What algorithm do you mean? I have two major algorithms in the application, one to speak numbers up to 999999, and one to quickly find out wheether mouse is above an adjoined bubble section. I myself like them both because I like recursion in general :)

Edited first post to include planned improvements and a screenshot (thanks for the suggestion).

/edit: typos.

Edited by SadBunny

Thanks! I was just uploading a new version, I wonder whether you played the old or the new one :) If you got the possibility to replay after game over, then you played the new one...

BubbleBreaker replaced by version v1.01 :)

http://members.chello.nl/~b.bergsma5/BubbleBreaker.zip

- Now with unlimited 'play again' functionality as requested by JPAM

- better looking highlit bubbles (not only lit but also blurred and flipped)

- better mouse handling (no ugly GuiGetMsg PrimaryDown/Up stuff, now using WinAPI, way better)

- better sound handling (sounds opened only once, or actually closed after use, prevents memory leaks and crashes)

- improved logic and interoperability of functions

- better protection for prospeed.dll's habit to mess up GUI when the mouse is off the GUI or when app is not active/focused

- increased volume of sine sweep sound played when a column disappears (it's cooler now, trust me :party:)

- algorithm improved for joined-bubble-array seeking

- multiple minor memory leaks fixed, program runs faster not and there should be no more crashes

BubbleBreaker v1.01 replaced by version v1.1 :)

http://members.chello.nl/~b.bergsma5/BubbleBreaker1_1.zip

- multiple bugfixes

- added lots of effects and nice pictures, most importantly to make all choices in nice effects on $hDC

- added showing of score and next score in GUI

- improved sound handling: all sounds that need to finish can now be broken off by the ESC key