Tidy snippet of code please

Can someone show me a better way of doing the following....condense it down to maybe one loop.

(probably part 1 of a couple of things I'm cleaning up)

$FunctionKeys1ColumnName = "cat, dog, rat, mouse, hat, ........"
    $FunctionKeys1ColumnName = StringSplit($FunctionKeys1ColumnName, ",")
    $FunctionKeys2ColumnName = "car, boat, truck, bike, van,........"
    $FunctionKeys2ColumnName = StringSplit($FunctionKeys2ColumnName, ",")

;Column 1
    $H=45
    For $i = 1 To 13
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys1ColumnName[$i], $FL1, $H, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $FS, $FW, "")
        GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$i][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$i][0], $FL2, $H, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
    Next
    For $i = 14 To 15
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys1ColumnName[$i], $FL1, $H+14, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$i][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$i][0], $FL2, $H+14, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
    Next
    ;Column 2
    $H=45
    $j = 16
    For $i = 1 To 13
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys2ColumnName[$i], $FL3, $H, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$j][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$j][0], $FL4, $H, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
        $j +=1      
    Next
    For $i = 14 To 15
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys2ColumnName[$i], $FL3, $H+14, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$j][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$j][0], $FL4, $H+14, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
        $j +=1
    Next
Edited by Champak

Can someone show me a better way of doing the following....condense it down to maybe one loop.

(probably part 1 of a couple of things I'm cleaning up)

;Column 1
    $H=45
    For $i = 1 To 13
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys1ColumnName[$i], $FL1, $H, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$i][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$i][0], $FL2, $H, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
    Next
    For $i = 14 To 15
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys1ColumnName[$i], $FL1, $H+14, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$i][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$i][0], $FL2, $H+14, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
    Next
    ;Column 2
    $H=45
    $j = 16
    For $i = 1 To 13
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys2ColumnName[$i], $FL3, $H, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$j][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$j][0], $FL4, $H, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
        $j +=1      
    Next
    For $i = 14 To 15
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys2ColumnName[$i], $FL3, $H+14, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$j][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$j][0], $FL4, $H+14, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H +=24
        $j +=1
    Next
It could be condensed a lot. Here's one way which might work-

createLabels ($FunctionKeys1ColumnName, 45, 0);Column 1

createLabels ($FunctionKeys2ColumnName, 45, 15);Column 2

Func createLabels ($arr, $H, $j)
    $k = 0
    For $i = 1 To UBound($arr)
        If $i = 14 Then $k = 14
        GUICtrlCreateLabel($arr[$i], $FL1, $H + $k, $WidthL, $HeightL)
        $AppFunctionsArray[$i + $j][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$i][0], $FL2, $H, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        $H += 24
    Next
EndFunc ;==>createLabels

EDIT: correct error in parameter name

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks. Now I have to go through EVERYTHING and figure out how many extra unnecessary lines of code I have beyond the ones I already suspect.

I did some work on my own before coming back and got it down to this...although not as short as yours:

$H = 45
    For $i = 1 To UBound($FunctionKeys1ColumnName) - 1
        $k = 0
        If $i = 14 Or $i = 15 Or $i = 29 Or $i = 30 Then $k = 14
        If $i = 16 And $x = "" Then
            $H = 45
            $x = 1
        EndIf     
        If $i <= 15 Then
            GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys1ColumnName[$i], $FL1, $H + $k, $WidthL, $HeightL)
            $AppFunctionsArray[$i][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$i][0], $FL2, $H + $k, $WidthI, $HeightI)
        ElseIf $i >= 16 Then
            GUICtrlCreateLabel($FunctionKeys1ColumnName[$i], $FL3, $H + $k, $WidthL, $HeightL)
            $AppFunctionsArray[$i][1] = GUICtrlCreateInput($AppFunctionsArray[$i][0], $FL4, $H + $k, $WidthI, $HeightI) 
        EndIf
        $H +=24

NextoÝ÷ Ù8^Z()àjܨº»q©º"¶aÆ®¶­sbb33c´gVæ7Föä¶W36öÇVÖäæÖRÒgV÷C¶6BÂFörÂ&BÂÖ÷W6RÂBÂââââââââgV÷C°¢b33c´gVæ7Föä¶W36öÇVÖäæÖRÒ7G&æu7ÆBb33c´gVæ7Föä¶W36öÇVÖäæÖRÂgV÷C²ÂgV÷C²¢¢b33c´ÒCP¢f÷"b33c¶ÒFòT&÷VæBb33c´gVæ7Föä¶W36öÇVÖäæÖRÒ¢b33c¶²Ò¢bb33c¶fwC³ÒBæBb33c¶fÇC³ÒR÷"b33c¶fwC³Ò#æBb33c¶fÇC³Ò3FVâb33c¶²Ò@¢bb33c¶fÇC³ÒRFVà¢b33c´ÅÒb33c´dâb33c´Òb33c´dà ¢VÇ6Tbb33c¶fwC³ÒbFVà¢bb33c·ÒgV÷C²gV÷C²FVà¢b33c´ÒCP¢b33c·Ò¢VæDb¢b33c´ÅÒb33c´dÃ0¢b33c´Òb33c´dÃ@¢VæD`¢uT7G&Ä7&VFTÆ&VÂb33c´gVæ7Föä¶W36öÇVÖäæÖU²b33c¶ÒÂb33c´ÅÂb33c´²b33c¶²Âb33cµvGFÂÂb33c´VvD¢uT7G&Å6WDföçBÓÂb33c´e2Âb33c´erÂgV÷C²gV÷C²¢uT7G&Å6WD&´6öÆ÷"ÓÂb33c´uTô$´4ôÄõ%õE$å5$TåB¢b33c´gVæ7Föç4'&²b33c¶Õ³ÒÒuT7G&Ä7&VFTçWBb33c´gVæ7Föç4'&²b33c¶Õ³ÒÂb33c´Âb33c´²b33c¶²Âb33cµvGFÂb33c´VvD¢b33c´³Ò#@¢æW@

I'll have another one in a couple days if you would be so kind.

Thanks.

Edited by Champak

• Moderators

Thought the idea of showing you, was for you to get an idea on how it's done and for you to implement it yourself... Why would you come back with more?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

When I said I'll be back with another one in a couple days, I meant with a totally different code snippet for a different function (not another version of this) that I'm having problems condensing...I just want to try a little longer on my own before bringing it here and asking.