How to read values

Hi there!

First of all, i am sorry if this has been asked before or might sound stupid. My english is kinda bad and i am having trouble understanding the onlinemanual at some points.

All i want to do is a simple Programm that reads a Value on a webpage and then prints it in a commandline.

I got the printingpart with Send("text") ect.

But how can i make the Script read a value, save it as a variable... and then Send("variable") into the commandline i want?

Thanks alot in advance,

Zara

an simple example :

$text="hello, i'm d4rk"
send($text)

for futher, you can have this :

$text=[code to read from webpage]
send($text)
Edited by d4rk

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

an simple example :

$text="hello, i'm d4rk"
send($text)

for futher, you can have this :

$text=[code to read from webpage]
send($text)
Thanks for your fast reply!

But that does not help me it seems... let me try to expain my trouble a little more:

What i want: I want the script to "read" a CHANGING value on a webpage (to be exact, i am talking about a browsergame where i can level up a char. So i want to "read" the script what level i am). Then paste the level (that can change, i do not want to rewrite the script every other day lol) into my commandline.

What i already did: i have no trouble pasting anything into this commandline

What i can not do yet: Read the Value (level) and make it a variable to print

Hope this makes my problem a little more clear,

Thanks again,

Zara

hey, open AutoIT UDFs Help and search this key word _IEFormElementGetValue

it has an example which i think is useful for you

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

hey, open AutoIT UDFs Help and search this key word _IEFormElementGetValue

it has an example which i think is useful for you

To be honest i don`t understand a single line there :-(

Just did some VERY basic "click this, then wait, then click that" scripts untill now,...

Maybe there is a workaround, not as nice, but working the same way...

Is it possible to mark something (my level), then copy it to the clipboard, then use THAT as a variable?

All i am missing is to read out that level, add X to that value and paste it into a commandline.

So how can i do this? :-/

I guess its not hard at all once i understand what to do lol.

I have the script copy the level into the clipboard now (really not so well done, with MouseClickDrag ect.)

Now i get alot of errors whatever i try to do to set the content of the clipboard as my variable X

Next step is to add Y to my variable X to get value Z

Last step is to print Z

Sorry for those dumb questions :)

Zara

first, with your script (in webpage, you must use _IE*), and you have to do it yourself in your case, your situation,if you want to have a full help, please post your full code here ( or a new topic) for a full help, with the informations in your post, i can't give you a real solution.

but anyway, i will try to help you, this's my advice, i think some1'll have a better ones, but have a try on this

use information tool in the autoit3 folder to find out the positon of the level text on the brower,

then use MouseClickDrag() . help file here => http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/f...seClickDrag.htm

after you come there, it's much easier ...

send("^c"); this give the level text to the clipboard

run("your file")

$a=clipget()

send($a)

Edited by d4rk