what method is your send keystokes using

Autoit developer or others,

I had been calling autoit3 exe files from a timeline software for sending keystrokes, but want to do the sendkeys action for hotkey triggering natively.

The current method used is WH_JOURNALPLAYBACK hook and send keys. It has been unsuccessful for the listening program I am using (which is another program).

Autoit, however does work fine for the listening program and I was wonder what the method is that autoit uses for sending its hotkeys?

Thanks

Kyle

thanks!!.... I poked around about in all those file but nothing stood out there. was just looking for the function breakdown. Yea this might be a question for the or one of the developers of autoit. Maybe I was looking at the wrong stuff?

Also I can not edit my post (maybe because I am new to the forum still?) but the last line in my origninal post should read.

"Autoit, however does work fine for the hotkey listening program and I was wondering what the windows call method is that Autoit uses for its "send" function that sends keystrokes out"?

Kyle

Send() and MouceClick() are keybd_event and mouse_event APIs and ControlClick() ControlSend() use SendMessage API.

Lar.

Larry,

Tried the keybd_event and no luck....next will try the sendinput as Richard suggested. That has to be it. the application I am targeting also accepts joystick button as well as keyhits for its hotkeys, so sendinput hopefully is the solution and what autoit is using.....keeping my fingers crossed.

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the keybd_event and the sendinput as Richard suggested and no luck.

I am targeting an app that also accepts joystick button as well as keyhits for its hotkeys, so I was hoping sendinput would be the solution and would be similar to what autoit is using.

Is there any other ideas? Is there a directX sendinput or something? maybe the autoit sendkey send's that one to cover everything? Really confused as to the method autoit uses that works....Actually surprised that the keybd_event and the sendinput did not work

Kyle