having trouble

Hi,

I'm having problems autoit-ing acrobat reader 5 at these particular points using the controlclick.

I'm using currently using Send instead but if someone could help figure out the solution to controlclick, that would be even better.

this is my current script with the commented part which is really what i want to use

Run ("setup.exe")

WinWaitActive ("Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 Setup")

Send ("{SPACE}")

;ControlClick ("Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 Setup", "&Next >", "Button1")

WinWaitACtive ("Choose Destination Location")

Send ("{SPACE}")

; ControlClick ("Choose Destination Location", "&Next >", "Button1")

WinWaitActive ("Information")

Send ("{SPACE}")

; ControlClick ("Information", "OK", "Button1")

Exit

The second paramter is window text--which usually doesn't matter--instead of control text. Try this:

ControlClick ("Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 Setup", "", "&Next >")

ControlClick ("Choose Destination Location", "", "&Next >")

ControlClick ("Information", "", "OK")

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Thanks for your response but that didn't work either and I also realize that the second parameter is a window title which I misunderstood before. Can continue to help me? If this can be solved then I would be able to autoit anything. Please help, thanks.

The second paramter is window text--which usually doesn't matter--instead of control text.  Try this:

ControlClick ("Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 Setup", "", "&Next >")

ControlClick ("Choose Destination Location", "", "&Next >")

ControlClick ("Information", "", "OK")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I'm also an AutoIt lover but this can be done easier..

Adobe uses installshield packages to install the software.

Do a normal installation on a clean machine with the parameter /I (please have a look at the installshield site for the right one).

The installation then creates an setup.iss file with all the options u selected during the install. Then after the installation put the setup.iss in the src directory of adobe acrobat and execute setup /s

Hope this is clear...

Good luck.

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!

Thanks guys,

Yeah, i'm a new autoit lover here. Yeah, I was using the abcpy.ini file which worked great but then I had to use a timer which i didn't like...anyways, i have read the documentations on this new functionality of autoit coupled with what you have said there larry...have to go back to using the abcpy.ini file.

Thanks,

Son :idiot:

I agree with  creating an "answer file". But if you try clicking... I have run across a bad assumption myself... it is not always "&Next >" ... sometimes I see "&Next>" and sometimes 2 spaces ... "&Next  >". Sloppy InstallShield dialog setup...

encapsulated in

to preserve spaces...

Lar.

[post="46973"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Though it's kind of weird even the send ("{SPACE}") function didn't work.

Thanks guys,

Yeah, i'm a new autoit lover here.  Yeah, I was using the abcpy.ini file which worked great but then I had to use a timer which i didn't like...anyways, i have read the documentations on this new functionality of autoit coupled with what you have said there larry...have to go back to using the abcpy.ini file.

Thanks,

Son :idiot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>