switchinbetween windows thru menus

hi guys!

I am creating a GUI app wherein I have 4 menus at the top of my splash screen. My question is, for example I clicked one of the menus, say the "profile" menu, what is the necessary code wherein upon clicking that menu, a new window will pop-up and display the necessary information.

hi guys!

I am creating a GUI app wherein I have 4 menus at the top of my splash screen. My question is, for example I clicked one of the menus, say the "profile" menu, what is the necessary code wherein upon clicking that menu, a new window will pop-up and display the necessary information.

Welcome to AutoIt! When you're asking a question, try posting the code you already have- that saves us having to reproduce a similar GUI :) If you'd included your code in this post, we could just tell you what to insert on which line and why.

First, make sure that when you are creating your menus, you save their IDs in a var:

$menu1=GUICtrlCreateMenu("Menu 1")

Now, when the user clicks Menu 1, one of two things will happen:

If GUIOnEventMode is off (default), a call to GUIGetMsg() will return the same data as the id stored in $menu1

If GUIOnEventMode is on, whatever function you told it to call (with GUICtrlSetOnEvent($menu1,"functionname") ) will be called.

That should get you started. If you run into problems, POST the code you are trying to get working and ask a specific question about what you can't get to work.

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110