How to stop looping forever

Hi All

I have some problem that I couldn't figure out how to fix the incomplete process. Here my code

#include <IE.au3>

For $num = 1 to 100

$percent = "%"

$status = $num&$percent

$text = WinGetText("My program")

If StringInStr ($text, $status) Then

MsgBox(0,"","COMPLETE") ;;; whenever if 100% process, it's fine but sometime it stuck between 0-99%

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;for example 67% and stop process forever until I have to reprocess again.

Else

sleep(20) ;;;;;;;;if it is not 100% yet. It will keep looping until 100% But it will loop forever if the process is stucked

EndIf

Next

Can somebody help me. Thanks.

Let me make sure I understand what you're asking for. You want a loop that will check to see if a window has a text value of 1-100% in it and if it finds it then do something? Wouldn't you want to do something like if 100% then complete, else if other percent do something else.

Spoiler

Things I've Made: Always On Top Tool ◊ AU History ◊ Deck of Cards ◊ HideIt ◊ ICU ◊ Icon Freezer ◊ Ipod Ejector ◊ Junos Configuration Explorer ◊ Link Downloader ◊ MD5 Folder Enumerator ◊ PassGen ◊ Ping Tool ◊ Quick NIC ◊ Read OCR ◊ RemoteIT ◊ SchTasksGui ◊ SpyCam ◊ System Scan Report Tool ◊ System UpTime ◊ Transparency Machine ◊ VMWare ESX Builder
Misc Code Snippets: ADODB Example ◊ CheckHover ◊ Detect SafeMode ◊ DynEnumArray ◊ GetNetStatData ◊ HashArray ◊ IsBetweenDates ◊ Local Admins ◊ Make Choice ◊ Recursive File List ◊ Remove Sizebox Style ◊ Retrieve PNPDeviceID ◊ Retreive SysListView32 Contents ◊ Set IE Homepage ◊ Tickle Expired Password ◊ Transpose Array
Projects: Drive Space Usage GUI ◊ LEDkIT ◊ Plasma_kIt ◊ Scan Engine Builder ◊ SpeeDBurner ◊ SubnetCalc
Cool Stuff: AutoItObject UDF â—Š Extract Icon From Proc â—Š GuiCtrlFontRotate â—Š Hex Edit Funcs â—Š Run binary â—Š Service_UDF

The way I see it, that script will terminate after it reaches 100, no matter what.

I'm not quite sure of your problem here...

Edited by VindicatorOmega

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Thanks for replying and sorry to make confusing.

I want to capture the stream media's the packet through wm recorder. Each streamming take within 20min. to complete. The process will be identify by 0,1,2,3,..100%. If it is 100% mean that file is captured sucessuly then I can capture another file. But If it is not 100% then it sleep(20) which I use looping to check the status until I got 100%. Anyway if there is not any error during capturing everything would be fine. But often it is stopped during capturing such as 57%, 63%, 89%. Then process still keep looping. Because the status still is not 100%. So it will loop forever. Thus I would like to have a condition state to check status that if it is not 100% within 20 min. Then it will recapture again. May be it should look like this.

For $num = 1 to 100

$percent = "%"

$status = $num&$percent

$text = WinGetText("My program")

$begin = TimerInit()

sleep(1200000)

$dif = TimerDiff($begin)

If StringInStr ($text, $status) Then

MsgBox(0,"","COMPLETE")

Else

sleep(20)

EndIf

If Not StringInStr ($text,$status) And ($dif == 0) Then

MsgBox(0,"","INCOMPLETE")

EndIF

Next

Thanks

Maybe:

Dim $oldState = WinGetText("My Program") ; Save the old text(and the percentage it's at)
Dim $Timer = TimerInit() ; Start our timer

Do
    Sleep(250)
    If WinGetText("My Program") <> $oldState Then ; Compare the text in the window with the old, stored text
        $Timer = TimerInit() ; Restart the timer, the percentage is increasing(hopefully, unless some other text is changing)
        $oldState = WinGetText("My Program")  ; Resave the old text(and the percentage it's at)
    EndIf
Until StringInStr(WinGetText("My Program"), "100%") Or TimerDiff($Timer) > 1200000 ; Will exit the loop if 100% is detected in the window text, OR if the timer runs out(20 minutes)

If TimerDiff($Timer) > 1200000 Then ; Checks if the timer did run out
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Capture seems like it has hanged!")
    ;Do something more here?
Else ; otherwise it must've finished!
    MsgBox(0, "Success", "Capture is completed!")
EndIf

Beware that it will wait 20 minutes from the point it hangs(you could decrease the delay it waits by decreasing the value 1200000), which means if it would freeze at 89% then it would sit there and wait for 20 minutes before timing out.. :)

Maybe:

Dim $oldState = WinGetText("My Program") ; Save the old text(and the percentage it's at)

Do
    Sleep(250)
    If WinGetText("My Program") <> $oldState Then ; Compare the text in the window with the old, stored text
        $Timer = TimerInit() ; Restart the timer, the percentage is increasing(hopefully, unless some other text is changing)
        $oldState = WinGetText("My Program")  ; Resave the old text(and the percentage it's at)
    EndIf
Until StringInStr(WinGetText("My Program"), "100%") Or TimerDiff($Timer) > 1200000 ; Will exit the loop if 100% is detected in the window text, OR if the timer runs out(20 minutes)

;Do something more here?
EndIf

Beware that it will wait 20 minutes from the point it hangs(you could decrease the delay it waits by decreasing the value 1200000), which means if it would freeze at 89% then it would sit there and wait for 20 minutes before timing out.. :)

Wow!!! It's work !!! Thank you very much !!Free Fly ^^

Hello FreeFly, your code is work like a charm. However when I add the same code for repeat the task after "Else" statement. It won't work as following;

Do

Sleep(250)

$oldState = WinGetText("My Program") ; Resave the old text(and the percentage it's at)

EndIf

;Do something more here?

Do ;;;;;;--> somthing wrong in this loop. It skip looping even it wasn't reach to 100% yet.

Sleep(250)

$oldState = WinGetText("My Program") ; Resave the old text(and the percentage it's at)

EndIf

;Do something more here?

EndIf

EndIf

Do I miss somthing. Please help Thanks.

Try this:

Dim $oldState
Dim $Timer

For $i = 1 To 4; Do this for 4 times
    $oldState = WinGetText("My Program")
    $Timer = TimerInit()
    Do
        Sleep(250)
        If WinGetText("My Program") <> $oldState Then
            $Timer = TimerInit()
            $oldState = WinGetText("My Program")
        EndIf
    Until StringInStr(WinGetText("My Program"), "100%") Or TimerDiff($Timer) > 1200000 Or Not WinExists("My Program")

If TimerDiff($Timer) > 1200000 Then
        ;Do something more here?
    Else
        ;Do something more here?
    EndIf

Do
        Sleep(250)
    Until Not StringInStr(WinGetText("My Program"), "100%") ; this will wait untill the window doesn't have 100% in its text
Next

It needs to wait untill it doesn't have 100% in its text before the next iteration takes place, otherwise the window would still have 100% inside its text, and finish the loop instantly.

Edited by FreeFry