Trouble with RunWait

Hello AutoITers,

I grab a file from an HTTPS server and store it locally on the machine running my script. Then I would like the 7zip command line to extract it.

My typical problem is that I cant seem to get the RunWait coded properly to execute the 7zip command point it at the zip file and have it unzip to a folder....

RunWait("7za.exe e -o " & @DesktopDir & "\My Folder" & " " & @DesktopDir & "\My Folder\archive.zip", "",@sw_hide)

the proper command line for 7Zip is:

7za e -o "OUTPUT DIRECTORY" "PATH TO ZIP INCL FileName"

my output directory is: @DesktopDir & "\My Folder" ( desktop of current user, folder called My Folder )

Zip is located in: @DesktopDir & "\My Folder\archive.zip" ( desktop of current user, folder called My Folder )

I cannot seem to get this working :) and I know that the issue is in my RunWait command... Usually just a quote/single quote issue but I can for the life of me get this to work!

thanks!

Jeff

RunWait('7za.exe e -o "' & @DesktopDir & '\My Folder" "' & @DesktopDir & '\My Folder\archive.zip"', "",@sw_hide)oÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍÌÍÜÝ[ÈHÝ[ÑÜX]
    ÌÎNÍÞK^HH[È    ][ÝÉÉ][ÝÈ  ][ÝÉÉ][ÝÉÌÎNËÚÝÜ [È ÌÎNÉÌLÓ^HÛÌÎNËÚÝÜ   [È ÌÎNÉÌLÓ^HÛÌLØÚ]K   ÌÎNÊB[ØZ]
    ÌÍÜÝ[Ë ][ÝÉ][ÝËÝ×ÚYJ

See datatypes in the helpfile:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/i...g_datatypes.htm

This doesn't just apply to the Run*() commands though. Its typical when working with command line programs single quotes surround a string containing double quotes.

StringFormat() allows you to create a string the way it is meant to be seen.