AutoIT Scripts declared as "Trojan Downloader"

Hi there , i cant upload any AutoIT written Files to FileFront for example because these (sorry) nerds declare AutoIT written scripts as Trojan Downloader.

Is there a way to fix this self or has it got be fixed in theyre Database ?

Hi there , i cant upload any AutoIT written Files to FileFront for example because these (sorry) nerds declare AutoIT written scripts as Trojan Downloader.

Is there a way to fix this self or has it got be fixed in theyre Database ?

Perhaps reasonable adult conversation with them about the true nature of your files would do more good that calling them "(sorry) nerds" on this forum?

...maybe?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Perhaps reasonable adult conversation with them about the true nature of your files would do more good that calling them "(sorry) nerds" on this forum?

...maybe?

well i did not call them nerds when i told them the files arent a trojan :) it just got on my nervs that they cant handle autoit scripts properly ..... because i love AutoIT ^^

already explained what the tool does and that they can check the source if they want - no answer

well i did not call them nerds when i told them the files arent a trojan :) it just got on my nervs that they cant handle autoit scripts properly ..... because i love AutoIT ^^

already explained what the tool does and that they can check the source if they want - no answer

Because of some idiots in the past, and still some now, are creating virus's with AutoIt, giving it a bad name. So now most virus scanners have AutoIt marked as a trojan.

Because of some idiots in the past, and still some now, are creating virus's with AutoIt, giving it a bad name. So now most virus scanners have AutoIt marked as a trojan.

It's not all bad. Most of the AV companies have been responsive and professional when a false positive was pointed out to them. The important thing is to take notes while politely and professionally dealing with them when you find one.

I am personally not interested in seeing the "Oh, no! AutoIt flagged as virus!" postings on this forum at all. It's not interesting or helpful to post that. What I would like to see are posts where a false positive is reported and the response is documented. That lets us show publicly which AV companies are handling it well, and highlights the few that don't.

So, Wheebo, what was your actual communication to FileFront about the problem, and what was their response? Did they refer you to their AV provider? If so, did you follow up with them?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Based on the 20 virus scanners. 14 of them thought it was a trojan.

Please list the 20 scanners, including version, .dat file version, and what result they gave, plus what version of AutoIt the target .exe was compiled with. I would like to see if any of mine match your results (I rather doubt it).

Which 20 scanners and how recently updated?

Beat me to it...

It's a website that has 20 virus scanners, and scans a exe, and I tested it about a month ago...So I don't know version files and stuff, they were internet ones... :)

• Developers

It's a website that has 20 virus scanners, and scans a exe, and I tested it about a month ago...So I don't know version files and stuff, they were internet ones... :)

mmm .. a once upon a time statement.

Lets *clcik* this thread before more outdated info gets entered.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.