VB to AU3

I am currently trying to create a VB to AU3 converter and am not sure about some DLL handling in Visual BASIC, (for that matter, in AutoIt3).

Here's an example:

CODE
Private Type Target ' for use in MIXERLINE and others (embedded structure)

dwType As Long ' MIXERLINE_TARGETPrivate Type_xxxx

dwDeviceID As Long ' target device ID of device Private Type

wMid As Integer ' of target device

wPid As Integer ' "

vDriverVersion As Long ' "

szPname As String * MAXPNAMELEN

End Type

I took that VB code and converted it like this:

$Target = DllStructCreate("long dwType;long dwDeviceID;int wMid;int wPid;long vDriverVersion;long szPname")

Am I way off here or is that just about right? If it is right, I'm not too sure how to implement it later, but I'm just kinda taking this one headache at a time. What does anyone think?

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."                                      - Stephen Hawking                                        "...not the ability to exploit others."                                                  - OldCoder

I am currently trying to create a VB to AU3 converter and am not sure about some DLL handling in Visual BASIC, (for that matter, in AutoIt3).

Here's an example:

CODE
Private Type Target ' for use in MIXERLINE and others (embedded structure)

dwType As Long ' MIXERLINE_TARGETPrivate Type_xxxx

dwDeviceID As Long ' target device ID of device Private Type

wMid As Integer ' of target device

wPid As Integer ' "

vDriverVersion As Long ' "

szPname As String * MAXPNAMELEN

End Type

I took that VB code and converted it like this:

$Target = DllStructCreate("long dwType;long dwDeviceID;int wMid;int wPid;long vDriverVersion;long szPname")

Am I way off here or is that just about right? If it is right, I'm not too sure how to implement it later, but I'm just kinda taking this one headache at a time. What does anyone think?

I know a little about VB, and that looks fairly right. Don't just go off my word though.

PS: If you ever get this VB-->AU3 done, I'll use it, over 2000 lines of Vb...that I want converted to Autoit! :)

I know a little about VB, and that looks fairly right. Don't just go off my word though.

PS: If you ever get this VB-->AU3 done, I'll use it, over 2000 lines of Vb...that I want converted to Autoit! :)

LOL. I hear ya. I found where someone had started some API DLL conversions for VB and it wasn't bad, alittle buggy. I realized there was a real need for that here and decided it was time I contributed. Maybe it could become a joint effort. I know there are lot of gurus on here who know a crap more about this stuff then I do.

Anywho, thanks for the reply. I hope to get this going sometime...one step at a time. :)

Cheers

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."                                      - Stephen Hawking                                        "...not the ability to exploit others."                                                  - OldCoder

LOL. I hear ya. I found where someone had started some API DLL conversions for VB and it wasn't bad, alittle buggy. I realized there was a real need for that here and decided it was time I contributed. Maybe it could become a joint effort. I know there are lot of gurus on here who know a crap more about this stuff then I do.

Anywho, thanks for the reply. I hope to get this going sometime...one step at a time. :)

Cheers

Good Luck!

→ R6V2!

Good Luck!

Thanks. Any help anyone can give me, resources, links, ideas...hell, maybe someone else has started the same thing. No sense reinventing the wheel. Give me a shout if you want to contribute. Thanks.

Cheers

There is an old VB to AutoIt converter here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=12143&st=

It hasn't been updated since like 3.1.1 so it will at least give you some ideas.

Thanx, weaponx. I appreciate it. I can use all the help I can get...lol. :)