windows activate

WinActivate( "Untitled - Notepad" ) ; activates notepad if it is there as Untitled - Notepad

If WinActive( "Untitled - Notepad") Then ; checks to see if Untitled - Notepad is there or not

MsgBox(0,"Info", "Untitled - Notepad is open")

Else

MsgBox(0,"Info", "Untitled - Notepad is NOT open")

EndIf

• Developers

yucatan, you really need to put a bit more effort in your post and try to be clearer. It is also common courtesy to reply to threads you started and people replied to.

If I understand you correctly you would like to be able to test if the Windows OS is already activated or not.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Moin,

you can check it like this

If Not FileExists(@SystemDir & '\wpa.dbl.bak') Then
    MsgBox(4096, 'WPA Check', 'Windows is NOT activated!')
ElseIf FileExists(@SystemDir & '\wpa.dbl.bak') Then
    MsgBox(4096, 'WPA Check', 'Windows is already activated!')
EndIf

Greetz

Greenhorn

hi greenhorn i tryed it but i dont workmy windows is legaal en activated but i get NOT activated i just have windows XP prof?

yucatan, you really need to put a bit more effort in your post and try to be clearer. It is also common courtesy to reply to threads you started and people replied to.

If I understand you correctly you would like to be able to test if the Windows OS is already activated or not.

Jos

yes jos your are right i wanne check that in a script

• Developers

hi greenhorn i tryed it but i dont workmy windows is legaal en activated but i get NOT activated i just have windows XP prof?

When your Windows is Legal and Activated you will not get the prompt to activate it. You either haven't activated it yet or have made a major change to the machine so WinXP assumes its another PC. Just Activate it again.

What is the exact Prompt you get and when do you get it ?

(Don't worry about it if the text is in Dutch, pretty sure I will understand it.)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When your Windows is Legal and Activated you will not get the prompt to activate it. You either haven't activated it yet or have made a major change to the machine so WinXP assumes its another PC. Just Activate it again.

What is the exact Prompt you get and when do you get it ?

(Don't worry about it if the text is in Dutch, pretty sure I will understand it.)

huh.. what do you mean.. the check of him dont work.. on my pc i get windows is NOT activated and i'm sure it is..

• Developers

huh.. what do you mean.. the check of him dont work.. on my pc i get windows is NOT activated and i'm sure it is..

Ik weet niet wat je niet begrijpt, maar als jouw WindowsXP legaal is en op de juiste manier geactiveerd is dan krijg je geen waarschuwing dat die niet geactiveerd is. Het kan gebeuren dat WinXP vindt dat je PC dusdanig verandered is dat het OS aan neemt dat het een "andere" PC betreft en dan moet je hem opnieuw activeren.

Mijn vraag was: wat voor een Window krijg je te zien en wat is de exacte melding?

Als je WinXP niet activeerd en de melding wegklikt geloof ik dat WinXP na een tijdje niet meer zal werken.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

ooohh ... bedoel je dat :)

Normal WinXP version have WPA.DBL and WPA.BAK in the Windows\System32 directory, but if I understand it correctly OEM version work differently and don't have these files but they do some sort of Hardware check to see if it the proper brand of machine.

Found a VBS and translated that to:

$x = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}")
$y = $x.InstancesOf("win32_WindowsProductActivation")
For $Obj In $y
    If $Obj.ActivationRequired Then
        MsgBox(4096, 'WPA Check', 'Windows is NOT activated!')
    Else
        MsgBox(4096, 'WPA Check', 'Windows is already activated!')
    EndIf
Next

Have fun :)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.