Torrent maker

monoceres

This is the result of hours of debugging and screaming, it's a torrent maker!

I have no idea how interesting this is to you guys, but for me it's more of a proof of concept or a personal challange, and since I spend so d*mn much tme on this script I just had to share it :)

It can only create single files torrents but if there is interest I will implement multiple files :) - Done!

http://monoceres.se/Uploads/aTm.zip

Torrent download: http://monoceres.se/Uploads/aTm.torrent

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I just created a torrent, and opened it in LimeWire, and it said it was malfunction in the coding of creating it...? :)

Well this happens sometimes, not sure why, sometimes the length of the hash strings doesn't come out right (should be 20). It also could be that limewire doesn't like the way I'm designing the torrent files, I used utorrent to check mine.

Edit: here's a file that was confirmed to be valid in utorrent, could you please test it in limewire :)

testtorrent.zip

Edited by monoceres

I don't understand the piece.. thing really?

When a torrent file is created all the files that will be included in the torrent is divided into equal size pieces.

These pieces will then be hashed with the SHA1 algorithm the checksums is then recorded to the torrent file.

When a torrent client then download pieces from other users they will check the checksum on the recieved data and match it with the checksum in the torrent, if it's the same the client knows it got the right data.

Hope I cleared up things a bit for you

• 4 months later...

Hi monoceres,

thank you for this nice tool.

i want to ask, if it might be possible to add multiple file implement, or ... i will try it ;-)

sadly, i also dont understand the piece thing, even if you explain it (maybe why i am german).

is it careless, which size i choose, or on what does it depend on?

Hi monoceres,

thank you for this nice tool.

i want to ask, if it might be possible to add multiple file implement, or ... i will try it ;-)

sadly, i also dont understand the piece thing, even if you explain it (maybe why i am german).

is it careless, which size i choose, or on what does it depend on?

Great to see someone using this ;)

I will look into multiple files support and if it's not to much work to implement it (which I don't think) I will add it :D

Just stick with small piece sizes when dealing with small uploads and big when dealing with large.

wikipedia page

New version! ;)

Total rewrite!

Changes:

• New GUI
  • Multiple files support
  • Automatic piece size
  • Torrent contains info when it was created

However...

There is a weird bug that sometimes appear when creating multiple files torrents, I have only been able to reproduce it in certain dirs at my comp.

I have a vague guess that it is caused because the script can't get access to files in the dir, make sure you're not using it before adding!

I was lazy and didn't write a good algo for hashing multiple files, therefore hashing multiple files means that all the files will be copied to the script dir as a single file.

As usual report bugs, feature requests etc.

Enjoy!

:D

Thank you ;)

To celebrate this new release, you can now download the software through a torrent (of course created with this program :lmao: ).

See first post!

Just downloaded the torrent from first post and as a matter of course work fine. :D;)

When the words fail... music speaks.

Hey nice made!

But whats the Trackers? I dont realy get it :S

AlmarM

Thanks ;)

A tracker is a server that knows all the peers (clients) in a bittorrent swarm. When a client join a swarm it connect to the tracker and says "Hello, my ip is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and I want to join". The tracker responds "Cool, here's a list of all the other clients in the swarm, download and have fun!"

In my sample torrent I chose the tracker "http://tpb.tracker.thepiratebay.org:80/announce" since it's a free & open tracker that doesn't require registration.

Read more here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker

:D

Oh so a tracker is just an IP?

EDIT:

Lol now I get it,

Its a message your leaving for other people who are downloading your .torrent!

I think ;)

AlmarM

Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.