Shoot Da Monkee

Nahuel

Here's a little game I made based on DBak's question on this thread.

It's simple. Choose the right angle and the right speed to hit the monkey that's sitting on a bench on the other side of the screen.

Every time you hit the monkey, you get 1 point. If you miss, you lose 1 point.

When you get to 5 points, a stone wall is placed in the middle. Of course, since you can lose points, the wall will disappear if you go back to 4 points.

When you get to 10 points, a brick wall is placed in the middle. You can select the proper angle and shoot above the wall, or choose the right speed and pass through it.

I hope you have fun playing, cos I had fun coding it :)

Important notes:

• There seems to be a problem with the sounds on other computers that I don't have on mine.

At the top of the script the sounds that the game will use are loaded using _SoundOpen(). This way, you can use the handles and the speed is perfect. BUT, this only works on MY computer... I have NO idea why. On other computers, sounds play just once. _SoundPlay() seems to close the sounds when returning so they won't play again. If this happens to you, comment the lines that use _SoundOpen() and uncomment the lines below these. This way works alright on fast computers, but it's TERRIBLY slow on not-so-fast ones. (You'll see a note in the code)

• The images were ALL made by myself on Ms. Paint.
  • The sounds were downloaded from a site FOR FREE. I cannot remember what site, since it was a long time but I'm willing to search again on request.

Some Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Code and needed files:

Shoot_Da_Monkee.rar

Edited by Nahuel

@monoceres: Thanks! Figuring out the projectile equation gave me a good headache :)

@R6V2: Yeah, the game should work on any resolution, but it seems to be easier on 800x600.

Aha! Finally beat the game! Yes! Heres a good tip: set the angle to 70 (Always) and then use between 120-142 as the speed! on 768x1200 (I think..)

Edited by R6V2

@R6V2: Yeah, the game should work on any resolution, but it seems to be easier on 800x600.

Great game!! Works good for me @1600x1200

Aha! Finally beat the game! Yes! Heres a good tip: set the angle to 70 (Always) and then use between 120-142 as the speed! on 768x1200 (I think..)

So your screen is bigger on it's height than its width?? :)

the green background appearing gave me a bad headache.

the last time this happened is when i still played diablo 2 and i tried changing the background color on redvex.

other then that, nice game. the monkey becomes very bloody though :)

rest in peace monkey :) rest in peace.

Haha, thanks everyone!

@Achilles: I wasn't really planning on making a full application to share... so the options can be changed directly from the script. I'll think about that when I think of new ideas for the game :)

@R6V2: Reached the highest score? I seem to be the only one so far :party:

If you want to try out the other levels, change the value of $PuntajeInicial. Use >5 if you want the stone wall and >10 if you want the brick wall.

:)