Bott Scripts

I've searched the forums for precidence of posting botting scripts, and I could nto find a clear definitive position on this. I remember a while ago the Autoit Forums were clearly against this. I have a LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) Auto Experience botting script that I would like to share, but I don't want to violate any forum rules.

Can someone tell me what the autoIt forum official position on botting scripts is? Thanks

I've searched the forums for precidence of posting botting scripts, and I could nto find a clear definitive position on this. I remember a while ago the Autoit Forums were clearly against this. I have a LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) Auto Experience botting script that I would like to share, but I don't want to violate any forum rules.

Can someone tell me what the autoIt forum official position on botting scripts is? Thanks

TBH, when I first came to this board, there was a sticky thread that was locked about 'Bots and Game Scripts' it was locked because the vast majority of users on this forum were against people posting these types of scripts; mainly because people were asking for keyloggers, etc.

Case in point:

The gaming forum was closed due to abuse.

This post has been edited by Jon: Dec 29 2004, 02:01 AM

Since most bot scripts rely on either a) manipulating game data, :) monitoring game information, c) directly controlling game windows or d) logging what users type into the program, i'd think that most would be against it.

Tho, I have to say, if it's a legitimate script, one that others can learn from and perhaps adapt to something other than gaming, i'm sure others will help; but from what I've read, the general consensus is 'no no' lol

Edited by zackrspv

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

From what i understand, there is no "official" position.

I think that some users are against botting, some are all-for it, but most are relatively indifferent.

I think the real problem most regulars have with bots is the people that usually come with them.

For instance people who spam their thread titled:

"HeLp Me AmKe A wOw BoTT PlZzZs!!!!!!11!!!one!" containing some barely-comprehensible gibberish in all caps, 4 times in each forum because they don't know where to post it and are too lazy to find out. However, since you went through the trouble to create this thread, as opposed to just spamming everywhere, you don't strike me as one of those people.

If you have a bot that you created in autoit and wish to share, I'm sure it would be fine to post it in the example scripts section. However, mods still have the final say in that regard, so don't say "But Paulie said I could...." :)

Good luck!

Edited by Paulie

Yeah I can understand how that could attract people like that. My script is over 2000 lines of code and incorporates a complex GUI, the ability to move along a path of predefined waypoints sotred in an ini, as well as of coruse, kill mobs along a pre defined path and walk you back if you die. I'd love to share it if there is interest. Perhaps I will just post an "All interest parties contact me"

Thanks

edit: Um.. How does one post in example scripts, it said I don't have permission to post a thread

Edited by BotXpert

Stay here for a period of time, get 10 posts and you will be able to post there.

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times