basic problems with IE.AU3

Hi,

changing the help script for IELinkGetCollection() I already figured out how to download all the MP3 files of the "Betthupferl" from Bayern 1, a Bavarian Radio Station. (The kids love these 5 minute stories :) and always the final 120 are available for download. Works fine ^_^ )

But honestly, I do not really understand what I used there. First I thought that a "Collection" is an array and tried to figure out it's dimension. But it seems to be some special data type?

The Sample Code gives this:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IE_Example ("basic")
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($oIE)
$iNumLinks = @extended
MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $iNumLinks & " links found")
For $oLink In $oLinks
    MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $oLink.href)
Next

Is this a data type with "subelements" addressed with ".href" and other suffixes? Where to find a list of all valid subfixes? How to check for all information stored in such a collection? :party::):lmao:

Who can pls point me towards the documentation covering that?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Array/Collection question asked and answered many times. Look here for one: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=291414

For properties like .href, see MSDN (in my sig).

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hello.

Array/Collection question asked and answered many times. Look here for one: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=291414

For properties like .href, see MSDN (in my sig).

Dale

That's not what I wanted to understand :)

Your MSDN Link brought me e.g. to this page:

http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/workshop...iew/elem_01.htm

wich is listing all the collection content. Is there something simmilar for Autoit3? Something like _ArrayDisplay could be something like _CollectionDisplay()...

If such a function exists, I missed it, sorry!

Regards, Rudi.

That's not what I wanted to understand :)

I don't know what you mean

Your MSDN Link brought me e.g. to this page:

http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/workshop...iew/elem_01.htm

wich is listing all the collection content. Is there something simmilar for Autoit3? Something like _ArrayDisplay could be something like _CollectionDisplay()...

If such a function exists, I missed it, sorry!

The example you cite can easily be implemented in AutoIt with a For... In... Next loop.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hi.

The example you cite can easily be implemented in AutoIt with a For... In... Next loop.

:lmao: "easily" ... :) ... not for me :) at least not up to now ^_^

Well, the code doing the work is that one, right?

<script LANGUAGE="Javascript">
function showElements() {
    var tag_names = "This document contains:\n";
    for (i=0; i<document.all.length; i++)
        tag_names += document.all(i).tagName + "\n";
    alert(tag_names);
}
</SCRIPT>

No clue at all how to step through the content of a "collection" variable filled like this

#include <ie.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <constants.au3>

const $DLdir="Q:\home\Betthupferl\download\"

dim $myArray[1]
$result=_IECreate("http://www.br-online.de/podcast/mp3-download/bayern1/mp3-download-podcast-betthupferl.shtml")
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($result)
$iNumLinks = @extended
For $oLink In $oLinks
    _ArrayAdd($myArray,$oLink.href)
Next
_IEQuit($result)

e.g. I'd like to figure out what other extensions beside ".href" are valid...

Basically I obviously didn't get yet the structure of a "collection" :party:

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

Basically I obviously didn't get yet the structure of a "collection" :)

You have to realize that by using _IELinkGetCollection you are only receiving a collection of links on the page. In other words, you are receiving a collection of only the objects that appear as <a href="..."></a> in the html document. To really understand this, you need to become familiar with th DOM (Document Object Model) for html. In answer to your question though, I think this link has the properties that you are looking for:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/m...185(VS.85).aspx

Not every object returned in the collection will have all of these properties, but these are the possible properties it could have.

Hi.

:lmao: "easily" ... :) ... not for me :) at least not up to now ^_^

Well, the code doing the work is that one, right?

<script LANGUAGE="Javascript">
function showElements() {
    var tag_names = "This document contains:\n";
    for (i=0; i<document.all.length; i++)
        tag_names += document.all(i).tagName + "\n";
    alert(tag_names);
}
</SCRIPT>

No clue at all how to step through the content of a "collection" variable filled like this

#include <ie.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <constants.au3>

const $DLdir="Q:\home\Betthupferl\download\"

dim $myArray[1]
$result=_IECreate("http://www.br-online.de/podcast/mp3-download/bayern1/mp3-download-podcast-betthupferl.shtml")
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($result)
$iNumLinks = @extended
For $oLink In $oLinks
    _ArrayAdd($myArray,$oLink.href)
Next
_IEQuit($result)

Basically I obviously didn't get yet the structure of a "collection" :party:

Regards, Rudi.

Your question actually has nothing to do with collections. .href property is attached to the $oLink object, not the collection. Use the MSDN links in Dale's sig to learn more about Link Objects in the IE DOM, and you'll find the other properties.

There are other methods and properties that ARE attached to a collection, such as .count (how many objects in the collection), so instead of setting $iNumLinks = @extended, you could do $iNumLinks = $oLinks.count. But a collection is a collection of other objects. The .href property is associated with one of $oLink objects inside the collection, not the collection itself.

Think of a bookcase with books in it. "Walnut stain" is a property of the bookcase, not the books. "Number of pages" is a property of one of the books, not of the bookcase. It wouldn't make sense to ask "How many pages is that bookcase?" for same reason it doesn't make sense to ask "What's the .href link of that collection?".

:idea:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Instead of setting $iNumLinks = @extended, you could do

$iNumLinks = $oLinks.count.

Ahhh, very interesting...

But a collection is a collection of other objects.

ACK

The .href property is associated with one of $oLink objects inside the collection, not the collection itself.

Hm.

So $oLink is already an object inside a collection? What collection? I mean: What's the collection's name oLink is a part of? Is $oLink a "collection inside a collection"? <confused>

Think of a bookcase with books in it. "Walnut stain" is a property of the bookcase, not the books. "Number of pages" is a property of one of the books, not of the bookcase. It wouldn't make sense to ask "How many pages is that bookcase?" for same reason it doesn't make sense to ask "What's the .href link of that collection?".

ACK. But it might be making sense to ask: How many books are in this bookstore and what are their titles for something like

bookstore with bookstore.bookshelf bookstore.bookshelf.book bookstore.bookshelf.book.title

and to ask for what other things do exist inside bookstore? bookstore.counter, bookstore.washroom bookstore.stairs ...

I have never worked with such collections before, but I assume such a collection can end up in a rich ramificated tree structure, and how to "view" that one, that's what I don't know up to now...

Thanks.

Regards, Rudi.

Hm.

So $oLink is already an object inside a collection? What collection? I mean: What's the collection's name $oLink is a part of? Is $oLink a "collection inside a collection"? <confused>

The collection is $oLinks. The $oLinks collection contains objects. The For/In/Next loop pulls the objects out of the collection one at a time as $oLink.

ACK. But it might be making sense to ask: How many books are in this bookstore and what are their titles for something like

bookstore with bookstore.bookshelf bookstore.bookshelf.book bookstore.bookshelf.book.title

and to ask for what other things do exist inside bookstore? bookstore.counter, bookstore.washroom bookstore.stairs...

The "bookstore" parent object was not part of my analogy, and is not required. Don't make it unnecessarily complicated. I mentioned a a bookcase, say it's $oBookcase, which is a collection of book objects. If I pull those books out one at a time to look at them, it would be like a For/In/Next loop (I'll throw the Bookstore back in just for giggles).
; Access the bookstore
$oBookstore = _BookstoreAttach("Barnes&Noble")
MsgBox(64, "Address", "Bookstore at: " & $oBookstore.StreetAddress)

; Get the collection of bookcases
$oBookcases = _GetBookcaseObjCollection($oBookstore)
MsgBox(64, "Count", "There are " & $oBookcases.count & " bookcases in this store.")

; Loop through all the individual bookcases in that collection
For $oBookcase In $oBookcases
    MsgBox(64, "Section", "This bookcase contains: " & $oBookcase.Genre) ; i.e. "Fiction" or "Travel"

; Get the collection of books in this bookcase
    $oBooks = _GetBookObjCollection($oBookcase)
    MsgBox(64, "Inventory", "There are " & $oBooks.count & " books in this bookcase.")

; Loop through all the individual books in that collection
    For $oBook In $oBooks
        MsgBox(64, "Book: " & $oBook.Title, "Author = " & $oBook.Title)
    Next
Next

I have never worked with such collections before, ...

No one has, until they do.

...but I assume such a collection can end up in a rich ramificated tree structure, and how to "view" that one, that's what I don't know up to now...

Thanks.

Regards, Rudi.

"Ramificated" is not a word. :)

This analogy has been stretched far enough...

:)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks for this nice example:

; Access the bookstore
$oBookstore = _BookstoreAttach("Barnes&Noble")
MsgBox(64, "Address", "Bookstore at: " & $oBookstore.StreetAddress)

; Get the collection of bookcases
$oBookcases = _GetBookcaseObjCollection($oBookstore)
MsgBox(64, "Count", "There are " & $oBookcases.count & " bookcases in this store.")

; Loop through all the individual bookcases in that collection
For $oBookcase In $oBookcases
    MsgBox(64, "Section", "This bookcase contains: " & $oBookcase.Genre) ; i.e. "Fiction" or "Travel"

; Get the collection of books in this bookcase
    $oBooks = _GetBookObjCollection($oBookcase)
    MsgBox(64, "Inventory", "There are " & $oBooks.count & " books in this bookcase.")

; Loop through all the individual books in that collection
    For $oBook In $oBooks
        MsgBox(64, "Book: " & $oBook.Title, "Author = " & $oBook.Title)
    Next
Next

No one has, until they do.

I'm on my way :)

"Ramificated" is not a word. :)

... now it is: I just DID write it :party:

Thanks for your help, Rudi.