non-au3 gui checkboxes

nago

Hello, probably right in front of my face, but I have a checkbox on a program that I wish to de-select, but only if it's selected.

The id of the checkbox is something like Button7 (plus text).

If you could just point me to the doc for the appropriate function(s) it'd be appreciated, thanks :)

Hello, probably right in front of my face, but I have a checkbox on a program that I wish to de-select, but only if it's selected.

If you could just point me to the doc for the appropriate function(s) it'd be appreciated, thanks :)

I would try this function: _GUICtrlTreeView_GetChecked

You can search it in the program's help file for its parameters and its usage!

I would try this function: _GUICtrlTreeView_GetChecked

You can search it in the program's help file for its parameters and its usage!

How exactly is a treeView function going to work, when he said nothing about a treeview?

If you could just point me to the doc for the appropriate function(s) it'd be appreciated, thanks

Try this:

If GUICtrlRead($Button7) = $GUI_CHECKED Then GUICtrlSetState($Button7, $GUI_UNCHECKED)
Edited by R6V2

$button7? Would that really work? I mean, I am trying to check the status of a checkbox on an installer window, so wouldn't any "check" function (to see the status of the checkbox) need to know the title of the window we're looking at? and the text of that checkbox?

Basically, the autoit window info tool says that the checkbox is Button7, and I need to write something where, if it's checked, uncheck it, but otherwise, leave it alone.

How exactly is a treeView function going to work, when he said nothing about a treeview?

Because it doesn't have to have anything to do with a treeview...

The function only takes two parameters... a control name and an item name.

It then returns if it is open (unchecked) or closed (unchecked).

For a checkbox, the checked value is 1, and the unchecked value is 0. (Checked and grayed out is 2)

It's the same thing with any kind of tree, except the checkbox doesn't have to be a tree -.-".

So quit being a smartass >.>