Aut2exe.exe problem

:)

Anybody experience script has been deleted when you got an error when compiling the script to exe?

Is there anyway I can retrieve the deleted script its a 3 day work and I should have a backup copy but I only got the old one :)

Anybody experience script has been deleted when you got an error when compiling the script to exe?

Is there anyway I can retrieve the deleted script its a 3 day work and I should have a backup copy but I only got the old one :party:

I'm not aware of any circumstances where Aut2Exe even makes any changes to the source .au3 file, let alone deletes it.

What version of Aut2Exe was it, and what exactly was the error? Exactly how did you run it?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Is there anyway I can retrieve the deleted script its a 3 day work and I should have a backup copy but I only got the old one :party:

is it in the recycle bin? :)

I'm not aware of any circumstances where Aut2Exe even makes any changes to the source .au3 file, let alone deletes it.

What version of Aut2Exe was it, and what exactly was the error? Exactly how did you run it?

I can't remember the error but it is something to do with unclosed function and it shows a garbage character (random ascii character) I thought it just an ordinary error but when I click ok my script is gone.

Anyway I'm using Autoit3 the compiler is Aut2exe V3

I already tried checking recycle bin and I also tried file recovery program but no luck.

Oh well guess I have to do the coding again :)

• Developers

Did your error look like?:

---------------------------
Aut2Exe Error
Line 12  (File "C:\Scriptfile.au3"):

Áðáÿ'

Error: Unterminated string.
OK   

If so it means you specified Scriptfile.au3 as Target file in stead of scriptfile.exe.

This will indeed delete your sourcefile.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If so it means you specified Scriptfile.au3 as Target file in stead of scriptfile.exe.

This will indeed delete your sourcefile.

<Cue theme music from 'The Outer Limits'>

:party:

Is there a feature request in yet that it should just pop an error and fail if source = destination?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

<Cue theme music from 'The Outer Limits'>

:party:

Is there a feature request in yet that it should just pop an error and fail if source = destination?

Nope, not yet. Just thought of this one when I saw the post and had to try it ... and yes it "worked" as described.

I can add a test in AutoIt3Wrapper too, but it really should (also) be checked in AUT2EXE.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

heh.

i'm assuming one of the lines was

filedelete("your script folder and name")

or something XD

There is no filedelete or other related functions except for IniWrite and filewrite commands in the script since its just a program that will switch Power Schemes when a certain application was launch.

@Jos

:) Similar error to that, I'll try to do what you did and see if I'll see the same error that I have last night. Anyway if you where right then theres no way I can recover the script since it was overwritten not deleted.

@Jos

:) Similar error to that, I'll try to do what you did and see if I'll see the same error that I have last night. Anyway if you where right then theres no way I can recover the script since it was overwritten not deleted.

If you were using SciTE for the editor, then every time you ran Tidy (Alt-t) it should have saved a backup copy.

If you are not using SciTE, then... when did you go off your meds?

If you were using SciTE for the editor, then every time you ran Tidy (Alt-t) it should have saved a backup copy.

If you are not using SciTE, then... when did you go off your meds?

I'm using SciTe but didn't know about Tidy (Thats what I get for not visiting the forum) thanks for the advice, I'll just have to increase my dosage from now on :)

• Developers

I'm using SciTe but didn't know about Tidy (Thats what I get for not visiting the forum) thanks for the advice, I'll just have to increase my dosage from now on :)

You will only have Tidy (and other utilities) when you downloaded and installed the separate SciTE4AutoIt3 installer. :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

You will only have Tidy (and other utilities) when you downloaded and installed the separate SciTE4AutoIt3 installer. :)

...and, if your meds are right, you will!