Running a batch file in AutoIT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you mean this

If Not FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\Software\Devcon\devcon.bat", "c:\temp\devcon.bat") Then

RunErrorFunc()

EndIf

What he means is something along the lines of this:

If Not FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\Software\Devcon\devcon.bat", "c:\temp\devcon.bat") Then
   _error()
EndIf

If Not FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\Software\Devcon\devcon.bat", "c:\temp\devcon.exe") Then
   _error()
EndIf

Runwait ("c:\temp\devcon.bat")

If Not FileDelete("c:\temp\devcon.bat") Then
   _error2()
EndIf

If Not FileDelete("c:\temp\devcon.exe") Then
   _error2()
EndIf

Func _error()
    MsgBox(48,"Error","The file cannot be copied to this location")
EndFunc

Func _error2()
    MsgBox(48,"Error","Cleanup of the files were not successful.")
EndFunc

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

Thanks alot and thankyou to everyone that contributed to this post. Its been a nightmare for me but i'm glad i've come to a resolution now, whew.

Great to hear. :)

Yep, sometimes the simplest things are the best things eh?

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

This is what I have done

FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\Software\Devcon\devcon.bat", "c:\temp\devcon.bat")

FileCopy(@ScriptDir & "\Software\Devcon\devcon.exe", "c:\temp\devcon.exe")

Runwait ("c:\temp\devcon.bat")

FileDelete ("c:\temp\devcon.bat")

FileDelete ("c:\temp\devcon.exe")

and it works. Do you think that will be fine, or do i need some sort of error checking. Thanks

Why do you need .bat at all? I mean what code is in it that you can't put it all in autoit? :)

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

I'm not sure MadBoy. Just going on my limited knowledge to be honest.

I did find this on the net this evening though:

RunDll32.exe Syssetup.dll,UpdatePnpDeviceDrivers

Supposdly that code will refresh the hardware list. Now i'm wondering if maybe it would be easyier this way but don't know if AutoIT is capable of doing that?. I haven't tried the code in a batch file as i'm on my home PC now and don't really want to fiddle with my drivers to see if it works. But in effect when a driver is installed that requires a restart I would click No and then run that code above in a batch file, which would then rescan the hardware list and show the hardware in the device manager without rebooting.

The ideal scenario for me would be to install the driver, then refresh the hardware list and then don't open the add new hardware wizard if other hardware is detected. Because as it stands I believe the code above will bring up the wizard if it detects anything else.

I don't want the hardware wizard to appear as I have it planned to install the drivers later in my installation procedure. Its not a big deal considering all of this is automated and doesn't exactly effect the user but would just be for completnes.

Edited by jben

Yeah, the .bat seems redundant at this point...using the Run() or RunWait() commands should yield positive results, and you could hide the GUI you are talking about by using the @SW_HIDE option for the command. It looks like MadBoy had the correct code on the first page to just run it natively in the script. That would be the direction I would take at least.

I don't know about the Run32DLL, but I'm sure there is a way to execute that in AutoIt.

• 1 year later...