CheckBox text blacks-out if a window passes over

RogerL

I have trimmed my program down to the minimum that still shows the problem:

$hWnd = GUICreate ("", 200, 120, 550, 100 )
$tab  = GUICtrlCreateTab (10, 10, 180, 100)
$tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("Options")
$checkBox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox ("Output captured data",  35, 60, 140,  20)
GUISetState()
while 1
  Sleep (1000)
Wend
If I remove the tab creation it works fine. Have I missed something out? Edited by RogerL

Sorry i not see the problem. What the problem? :)

The problem is sumarised in the subject, i.e if I pass another window, say WIndows Explorer over my GUI, moving from right to left, the checkBox text "output captured data" is not redrawn when my window is exposed - it's just a complete black rectangular box. Just tried again - the speed of drag of the covering window seems to have some effect, sometimes some of the text is displayed ok while the remainder is blacked-out. Edited by RogerL

There is a missing GUICtrlCreateTabitem() but I dont think that's what he is meaning.... :)

My original program has 3 TabItems, many checkboxes, listViews etc. but I trimmed everything out to just leave code that showed the error. If I remove the single Tab creation it works fine, there is no need to have two tabs just to prove the problem. (I know having one tab isn't sensible but it is to show the problem)

There is a missing GUICtrlCreateTabitem() but I dont think that's what he is meaning.... :)

I was able to reproduce the effect with the sample code and I was thinking it was a "closing" GUICtrlCreateTabItem() as well, but adding that in still yielded the same effect (black bar overlay on the text). The odd thing was that it didn't do the overlay on every pass.

If you're trying to reproduce the issue (I just used Calculator as an example, other windows did the same thing):

• Run the sample code
  • Open Calculator
  • Place the Calculator window to the right of the sample GUI
  • Drag Calculator on top of the sample GUI and release the mouse
  • Drag Calculator over to the left a couple pixels and release the mouse
  • Drag Calculator all the way to the left, past the sample GUI window

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

I can confirm this redraw glitch using v3.2.11.5.

Doesn't happen using v3.2.10.0, so probably introduced with one of the betas. Try reporting it with Bug Trac.

"be smart, drink your wine"

Doesn't happen using v3.2.10.0, so probably introduced with one of the betas. Try reporting it with Bug Trac.

Using 3.2.10.0 in my test scenario above.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Hi Siao, I'm the original poster with the problem and I'm running 3.2.10.0 according to the output in the SciTE console window.

I'm newish here and not familiar with the protocol. When an experienced member identifies that a query is a bug does a moderator move the thread to the bug forum section or is it the responsibility of the OP?

Oh, and it ought to be reported the problem occurs with group text as well as checkBox text.

Edited by RogerL

Hi Siao, I'm the original poster with the problem and I'm running 3.2.10.0 according to the output in the SciTE console window.

I'm newish here and not familiar with the protocol. When an experienced member identifies that a query is a bug does a moderator move the thread to the bug forum section or is it the responsibility of the OP?

Nothing gets moved anywhere - the bugs aren't reported through bug forum anymore, but through svn tracker. See top right corner of this page, "Bug Trac". If you wish, you may try it. It does look like a bug afterall, and multiple posters have confirmed.

Not sure why v3.2.10.0 works fine for me though. But that doesn't really matter.

"be smart, drink your wine"