Speeding up Autoit scripts? Or a faster language?

Autoit seems to be running a bit slower than I'd ideally like it to. When it comes to integrating the graphical functions, Autoit seems to slow down a whole lot every iteration such graphical functions are called.

Is there any way to sort of inherently "boost" the execution speeds of autoit? Or is there another scripting language that executes more quickly?

I mean such as loops containing pixelgetcolor or things of that nature (graphical functions). If I need to use such functions in an area of high-density graphics data, I tend to find that my functions aren't going fast enough and it's missing things of value.

For instance, I wrote a program to count a number of cars that go by a few given spots. However, sometimes my program misses cars that are going to fast (I am basically constantly rechecking certain pixels for certain changes), and so I basically need something that is fast enough to catch everything.

I mean such as loops containing pixelgetcolor or things of that nature (graphical functions). If I need to use such functions in an area of high-density graphics data, I tend to find that my functions aren't going fast enough and it's missing things of value.

For instance, I wrote a program to count a number of cars that go by a few given spots. However, sometimes my program misses cars that are going to fast (I am basically constantly rechecking certain pixels for certain changes), and so I basically need something that is fast enough to catch everything.

Just a suggestion, but why not link a cheap motion sensor to a wireless doorbell sender, and connect the reciever to your parallel port: synchonise the real world to your snap shots!

(this is a five minute job with your soldering iron....)

All the best,

si

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

It's actually not autoit who is the bottleneck here, but the API calls that are performed during PixelGetColor() (Especially under Vista and aero theme)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

It's actually not autoit who is the bottleneck here, but the API calls that are performed during PixelGetColor() (Especially under Vista and aero theme)

I agree.

It wont be an easy problem to solve if the goal is to capture usable data from a camera.

What do you think of my suggestion with the sensor on the parrallel port?

Si.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

I am using a laptop, no parallel port :)

Is there a faster scripting language? Or a faster way to receive more pixel color iteration input over time?

EDIT: I use XP, btw.

The swines! :)

Have they dropped that from the newer machines! Who voted for that?

Si.

• Moderators

Is there any simple sample code that would show how I'd do a pixelgetcolor function with C++/C# or VB?

You can use Google to find these answers. The API call for PixelGetColor is GetPixel <-- Look that up in Google, and you'll find more examples then you really want to read :) ...

Edit:

Sorry, I gave you the wrong API GetPixel is what you want :)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.