Mouse over button event to play sound

Hello.

When i first registered i took the advice i found and searched for solutions with search;

Alone and determined i have built a few simple and easy programs.

I tend to favour a straight-line approach to codeing as i spend a lot of time immersered in PIC assembler and MPLAB.

I am aiming to make a game for my son to keep him occupied while food is prepared.

So far i have learnt how to make a form with koda, and pictures on the buttons , and how to fire events from when buttons are pressed, and how to restrict the mouse to the confines of the game so my system isnt destroyed with crazy clicks!

BUT i am still stuck on being able to tell when the mouse if Just Over the button so i can play a sound. so if the mouse goes over a picture of noddy or whatever, the title music can be played.

Ive no doubt i can crack this, I would just like a pointer to set me on the right track.

Many thanks,

Si

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

I believe this is what you need:

GUIGetCursorInfo

http://hiddensoft.com/autoit3/docs/functio...tCursorInfo.htm

And I think to help lowering the CPU, MouseGetPos or if winactive could be used.

Hope it helps.

Many thanks!

Thats just the prompt i needed!

I think i need stronger coffee in future... :)

cheers for your time,

Si.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

There is also a UDF designed exactly for the job: Link

Excellent!

Now that is EXACTLY what i needed!

Many thanks for the pointer, and to the contributors who made it possible.

Thank you,

Si.