Having problem with Run() and ShellExecute()

Start > run > "C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198\g2mstart.exe" "/Action Host" > enter

Gotomeeting runs and asks if I want to host a meeting or schedule one.

This is what I want.

I tried to do this in AutoIt's Run() and ShellExecute() but it's not working.

It doesn't do the "/Action Host" at all.

Help?

Thanks.

• Developers

try:

Run(@comspec & ' /c "C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198\g2mstart.exe" "/Action Host"')

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Try this.

ShellExecute(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198\g2mstart.exe", "/Action Host")

I don't remember for sure if the "/" is required in the second parameter or not but you can try removing it if tis doesn't work.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Try this(as a test). Make a bat file that does "C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198\g2mstart.exe" "/Action Host" and Run() that.

Also, what happens if you type that in from a cmd window?

Edited by spudw2k

One more idea;

$App = FileGetShortName (@ProgramFilesDir & "\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198\g2mstart.exe")
Run($App & " /action host")

or

$App = FileGetShortName (@ProgramFilesDir & "\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198\g2mstart.exe")
Run($App & ' "/action host"')
Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

No go.

How about:

- run a shortcut (.lnk file)

- or send() that opens the windows START > then run > type in the thing.

?

Edit:

Ok it works.

ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\GoToMeeting.lnk")

where the .lnk file is the "...... g2mstart.exe /action host" stuff.

Thanks all.

Still I don't know how to open the START.

Send("{APPSKEY}") is not it.

Help?

Edited by sensalim

Look within the properties of the shortcut and you may see a "Start in:" which sets the working directory sent to the executable file. You may need to do the same when you run a file in AutoIt3.

$path = @ProgramFilesDir & '\Citrix\GoToMeeting\198'
Run('"' & $path & '\g2mstart.exe" "/Action Host"', $path)

IMO, it is strange how "/Action Host" has quotes around them. You may want to check if the quotes are supposed to be there.

:)