IF-THEN PROBLEM!

Hi, Having problems with my script, I am opening a file and comparing the data with other information, if some information match, I open another file in order to write that information, the script works ok just for a couple of min, then an error appears saying the file i am reading, can not be open, I was openening the file inside a loop, since I don't know if this is happening because I am able to open the file certain times, I put the "FileOpen"outside the loop, but now the IF in my script is doing nothing, I debugged the code and the 2 files opened normal, the data I am evaluating is ok, but the main IF doesn't work!!!!

$RH_List = FileOpen("RHList1.csv",0)

If $RH_List = -1 Then

MsgBox(0, "Error", "The file RH List can not be open.")

Exit

EndIf

;$logonFile = FileOpen("LogonFile.csv",2)

$file = FileOpen("LabinalEmployees.csv",2)

If $file = -1 Then ; check if the file is open

MsgBox(0, "Error", "The file can not be open.")

Exit

EndIf

Do

$objUser = ObjGet("GC://" & $objRecordSet.Fields("distinguishedname").Value)

If $objUser.Get("c") = "fr" and $objUser.Get("Company")<> "SVC Labinal" then ;and StringInStr($objUser.Get("Company"),"Labinal")=0 Then

While 1

$Labinal_emp = FileReadLine($RH_List)

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop

$array = StringSplit($Labinal_emp, ";")

If UBound($array) >= 5 Then ;if the line had ";" at least 4 times

If $Name = $array[4] Then

if StringInStr($Cmp,"Labinal")=0 then

If StringInStr($mail,"ext")=0 Then

if $Logon= StringStripWS("LF" & StringTrimLeft($array[1],2),8) Then

FileWriteLine($file,"Outsourcing in HRList" & ";" &"Company Name is Wrong" & ";" & $Logon & ";" & $Name & ";" & $mail & ";" & $Cmp & ";" & $DName)

Else

FileWriteLine($file,"Outsourcing in HRList" & ";" &"Company and Logon are Wrong" & ";" & $Logon & ";" & StringStripWS("LF" & StringTrimLeft($array[1],2),8) & ";" & $Name & ";" & $mail & ";" & $Cmp & ";" & $DName)

EndIf

Else

FileWriteLine($file,"Outsourcing in HRList" & ";" & "Company and E-Mail are Wrong" & ";" & $Logon & ";" & $Name & ";" & $mail & ";" & $Cmp & ";" & $DName)

Else

FileWriteLine($file,"Outsourcing in HRList" & ";" & "Company,Logon and E-Mail are Wrong" & ";" & $Logon & ";" & StringStripWS("LF" & StringTrimLeft($array[1],2),8) & ";" & $Name & ";" & $mail & ";" & $Cmp & ";" & $DName)

EndIf

EndIf

Else

If StringInStr($mail,"ext")<>0 Then

FileWriteLine($file,"employee in HRList" & ";" &"e-mail is Wrong" & ";" & $Logon & ";" & $Name & ";" & $mail & ";" & $Cmp & ";" & $DName)

Else

FileWriteLine($file,"employee in HRList" & ";" &"e-mail and Logon are Wrong" & ";" & $Logon & ";" & StringStripWS("LF" & StringTrimLeft($array[1],2),8) & ";" & $Name & ";" & $mail & ";" & $Cmp & ";" & $DName)

EndIf

Else

if $Logon <>StringStripWS("LF" & StringTrimLeft($array[1],2),8) Then

($file,"employee in HRList" & ";" & "Logon is Wrong" & ";" & $Logon & ";" & StringStripWS("LF" & StringTrimLeft($array[1],2),8) & ";" & $Name & ";" & $mail & ";" & $Cmp & ";" & $DName)

EndIf

EndIf

EndIf

Else

ConsoleWrite("$array has " & UBound($array) & " elements!" & @CRLF)

EndIf

Wend

EndIf ;first if

$objRecordSet.MoveNext()

Until $objRecordSet.EOF()

I don't see FileClose() called anywhere, without this subsequent attempts to access the file with FileOpen() will fail.

I didn't paste but I have them in my code like this:

FileClose($RH_List)

FileClose($file)

So I think that's not the problem, do you know if the "fileopen" function has a limit for reading files? I think that's my problem, in the file I am reading is too much information....

something you might wannt to try is _FileReadToArray. it splits up by lines. useful for something like this.

Thanks 4 ur help sta8mnd!!!! you are right, I think this is going to help me too much, I'll test it and comment after. :)

something you might wannt to try is _FileReadToArray. it splits up by lines. useful for something like this.

Hello again, I am working with this function, and I have all the information I need in the array like this:

_FileReadToArray ( "Info.csv", $Iarray )

$Iarray[1]-----> line 1: employeeNumber;EmployeeName

line 2

line 3

I need to read the array line by line and use this fields(employeeNumber and EmployeeName) separated for me to make some comparisons, how can I do that?

For $X = 0 to $Iarray[0]

$temp = StringSplit($Iarray[$X], ";")

ConsoleWrite("Name: " & $temp[1] & " Number: " & $temp[2] & @CRLF)

Next

thanks but it didn't work, maybe I was not very clear with my question, I found the solution anyway, the code is like this:

_FileReadToArray ( "HRInfo.csv", Iarray )
$Pos = _ArraySearch (Iarray, $Name, 0, 0, 0, True)
                    Select
                        Case $Pos = -1
                            MsgBox(0, "Not Found", '"' & $Name & '" was not found in the array.')
                        Case Else

$var1= StringMid(Iarray[$Pos],3,6)
                                                                                                               $var2=StringMid(Iarray[$Pos],StringInStr($barray[$Pos],";")+1)
                    EndSelect

the $var1 and $var2 are the variables I want separated, it works!!!! thanks anyway