Error Openinig the File

I have just installed AuotIt 3 on a Win98 machine. In the SciTE editor, when I try to compile a script, nothing seems to happen. After a while when I click on "Stop executing", I get the message "Process failed to respond, forcing abrupt termination."

When I try to run a script from SciTE, I get the message "Error opening the file", but with no filename showing.

My regsitry entries are:

..\Compile\Command ""C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2ExeA.exe" /in "%|"" (Note pipe symbol!)

..\Edit\Command ""C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1""

..\Open\Command ""C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1""

..\Run\Command ""C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3A.exe" "%1" %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 58 %9"

Any help would be appreciated.

This appears to be wonderful software.

Ehh, Wow, I'm pretty sure about this...AutoIt hates Win95-98. It has never worked on my tries. I'd say upgrading to at least windows 2000, or using Linux. :D

EDIT: I'd actually Suggest Linux over Win95-98

Edited by Swift

Sorry to hear that. Upgrading is not an insurmountable problem since I was using my home machine to work through AutoIt. You mentioned Linux, which I also use on fiel servers. Is there a Linux version of AutoIt?

Nope, But I have no problems working with AutoIt on Linux. I actually like working on Linux! :D

You just run the installer as normal with WINE installed.

Edited by Swift