Having some problems with an autoit script.. Kinda new to autoit

I keep getting an error returned saying:

Line -1:

Error: The requested action with this object has failed.

This is when I go to start the script. Like I said I am very new and I am just wondering the basic reasons or what this error means.

I keep getting an error returned saying:

Line -1:

This is when I go to start the script. Like I said I am very new and I am just wondering the basic reasons or what this error means.

posting some code would help us help you :D

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln - http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://www.freedocumentaries.org/

The script is rather long. I wouldnt know where to start posting. I am just looking for some basic reason for that error to be returned.

Add a COM error handler, as in the help file under OBJ/COM reference, and run your script from SciTE so you can see any error messages that go to the console.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If I run the script instead of the .exe I get the error:

Line 13750

Return $OIE.document.parentwindow.Eval("SignOn")
Return $OIE.document.parentwindow.Eval("SignOn")^ERROR

As an FYI... the reason you see line -1 when compiled is because there aren't line numbers in a compiled script.

As for your error... hmm not sure exactly what is failing with your object. As PSalty said, you can add COM error handling that will help you to figure it out. If you use IE functions internal to autoit they already have that COM error handling. Can you show more of your script then just the line with the error?

While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

The only thing I did is decompile and compile the code back and I get this error. Before I decompiled and compiled I never had this error.

Decompiled...? That means it was originally compiled with an old version, and now you are probably re-compiling with a newer one. Have you tried testing-running it from SciTE under a current version?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law