Limit maximum volume

Hi,

I want to limit the maximum volume on a PC (running Vista), say to 90%.

Is there an easy way of doing it?

I already have a function to set the sound, and I thought, if I can get the current sound volume, I'd just check every 100ms and if it's over 90%, I'll set it to 90%.

Is there a way of doing this or an even easier way?

Thanks

--WhiteAvenger

Hi,

you have to do it with Autoit? Why not by sound software itself ?

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

What I want to do is prevent people from turning the volume up to 100%. So I need some way of either prohibiting them from going over 90%, or simply check regularly and if they are over 90%, turn the volume back down to 90%.

All I need is a way of finding out what the current system volume is...

What I want to do is prevent people from turning the volume up to 100%. So I need some way of either prohibiting them from going over 90%, or simply check regularly and if they are over 90%, turn the volume back down to 90%.

All I need is a way of finding out what the current system volume is...

Even if you can do this, how do you keep them from turning up the speaker volume?

Vista has independent app controls when it comes to sound. Is the system located in a public place? You could put a hardwire volume control on the back of the speaker plug on the PC to keep the sound down. You could also use MMC to lock down the sound controls.

Volly, Xenobiologist, and GaryFrost helped you out: audio.au3 has your functions - see this post

I already found that - but I think it said somewhere that it won't work under Vista...

Even if you can do this, how do you keep them from turning up the speaker volume?

It's a laptop with no extra speaker volume. :D

Vista has independent app controls when it comes to sound. Is the system located in a public place? You could put a hardwire volume control on the back of the speaker plug on the PC to keep the sound down. You could also use MMC to lock down the sound controls.

What's MMC and how would I use that?

I can't use a hardwire volume control; I just want a simple script that prevents my kid brother from turning his volume up too loud :D