If a radio is checked

d4rk

2, i wonder if i can use some _IE* to check if a radio box is checked ?

in my case, i want my user to visit a webpage via a GUI, they give their choice through the radio boxs, then the script check which radio box is checked then do the command

sorry if i didn't show my effort

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Are these radio's and/or checkboxes to be built-in to the GUI window you are creating, or are they instead already in the HTML of the webpage?

yes, they're in a webpage , i just use _IECreateEmbedded to put it in the GUI

all i do this for are better interface , it's language here, autoIT doesn't support vietnamese [or i don't know ?]

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Your computer system can be tweaked to use the Vietnamese language, and then, even the windows created with autoit should have OK buttons, etcetera, written in that language.

Study in the help file: _IEFormSubmit

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

yoh, thanks anyway Squirrely1 ... but i still looking for reply :D:D

so it is impossible ?

Is this your website that you made ? If so, there are certainly ways to process the radio's, etcetera, using .php or other web script. Elsewise, it seems unusual to try to do this - instead, you would just make the checkboxes and radios in your own GUI, and also if would then be easy and normal to find out whether they are checked.

But if you are intent on solving this - I suggest you change the name of the Topic of this thread to something like "Discover if an HTML radio is checked?" - so some meta-nerd will think to help you - elsewise, people will think you would have figured this out by now, judging by the topic.

Edited by Squirrely1

@Squirrely1 - this is the second topic I've seen in two days that you've taken down an incredibly complex and incredibly wrong path. If you're not sure about what you are saying, please tell people so.

@d4rk - please look at _IEFormElementRadioSelect. If you pass $f_select = -1 it will tell you whether a particular radio is selected or not.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

@Squirrely1 - this is the second topic I've seen in two days that you've taken down an incredibly complex and incredibly wrong path. If you're not sure about what you are saying, please tell people so.

@d4rk - please look at _IEFormElementRadioSelect. If you pass $f_select = -1 it will tell you whether a particular radio is selected or not.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I was about to recommend that function _IEFormElementRadioSelect - but I guess I was too tired to notice the

"-1 Return selected state"

I thought we could only select or deselect using that func - my bad.

thanks DaleHom, but can some body give me an example ?

thx much

This is example 1 of _IEFormElementRadioSelect modified to demonstrate:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IE_Example ("form")
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "ExampleForm")
For $i = 1 To 5
    _IEFormElementRadioSelect ($oForm, "vehicleAirplane", "radioExample", 1, "byValue")
    If(_IEFormElementRadioSelect ($oForm, "vehicleAirplane", "radioExample", -1, "byValue")) Then 
        ConsoleWrite("Airplane Selected" & @CR)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Airplane NOT Selected" & @CR)
    EndIf
    Sleep(1000)
    _IEFormElementRadioSelect ($oForm, "vehicleTrain", "radioExample", 1, "byValue")
    If(_IEFormElementRadioSelect ($oForm, "vehicleAirplane", "radioExample", -1, "byValue")) Then 
    Else
    EndIf
    Sleep(1000)
    _IEFormElementRadioSelect ($oForm, "vehicleBoat", "radioExample", 1, "byValue")
    Else
    EndIf
    Sleep(1000)
    _IEFormElementRadioSelect ($oForm, "vehicleCar", "radioExample", 1, "byValue")
    Else
    EndIf
    Sleep(1000)
    _IEFormElementRadioSelect ($oForm, "vehicleCar", "radioExample", 0, "byValue")
    Else
    EndIf
    Sleep(1000)
Next

Dale

thanks !