Inputbox Auto Complete

notta

How would you get started in trying to create an inputbox that when the user types a few characters it autofills based upon the letters the user types? I have an inputbox that we type the name of an application, but now the list has grown too long to be a drop down menu. I was hoping to create an autofill that when we type a few characters it fills the field based upon the first few characters typed.

I would think that I load an array with all the application names and then do a search per keystroke. From there I'm lost :D Any ideas? Thanks.

I think that, to do what you want, you would have to subclass the input control. However, I don't know if that can be done with AutoIt. How about it, GUI gurus? Can an AutoIt input control be subclassed?

How would you get started in trying to create an inputbox that when the user types a few characters it autofills based upon the letters the user types? I have an inputbox that we type the name of an application, but now the list has grown too long to be a drop down menu. I was hoping to create an autofill that when we type a few characters it fills the field based upon the first few characters typed.

I would think that I load an array with all the application names and then do a search per keystroke. From there I'm lost :D Any ideas? Thanks.

I would expect that all you need to do is use $EN_CHANGE

Here's one way

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>

$possibles = StringSplit("oranges|orchids|ordinal|ordinarily|ordinariness", '|')
;AdlibEnable("highlightIP", 400)

Dim $IPList[3];the inputs
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")

$gui = GUICreate("My GUI edit"); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered

$IP = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 40, 200, 22)
$lab = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 18, 80, 22)

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop

WEnd

Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    $nNotifyCode = BitShift($wParam, 16)
    $nID = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF)
    If $nID = $IP Then
        $hCtrl = $lParam
        If $nNotifyCode = $EN_CHANGE Then
            $txt = GUICtrlRead($IP)
            For $n = 1 To UBound($possibles) - 1
                If StringCompare(StringLeft($possibles[$n], StringLen($txt)), $txt) = 0 Then
                    GUICtrlSetData($lab, $possibles[$n])
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next

EndIf
    EndIf
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc  ;==>WM_COMMAND
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.