tsue

lets say the file is .txt and it has this written

jkhdsk

sjdnsldls

sjkdjfjlksdlkhello worldhello worldhello worldhellohere

jkhdsk

sjdnsldls

jkhdsk

how do i read in the third line yust the part where it says hello world until hello (the hello before here)

or how do i write in this line

Edited by tsue

hello, the command iniread reads an specific part of the things saved in an ini

but for the fileread i dont see how can i make to read yust specific parts

can someone help me

You can read a line at time with FileReadLine(), or you can read a certain number of bytes at a time with FileRead(). The IniRead() function just does the same thing behind the scenes and parses the text it finds there, it doesn't read "parts".

What kind of file are you really interested in, and what kind of "specific parts"?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You can read a line at time with FileReadLine(), or you can read a certain number of bytes at a time with FileRead(). The IniRead() function just does the same thing behind the scenes and parses the text it finds there, it doesn't read "parts".

What kind of file are you really interested in, and what kind of "specific parts"?

:D

u answer my question already with filereadline thanks i was trying to read line 2. but what u said next i got interested cause maybe someday ill need to use it

lets say the file is .txt and it has this written

jkhdsk

sjdnsldls

sjkdjfjlksdlkhello worldhello worldhello worldhellohere

how do i read in the third line yust the part where it says hello world until hello (the hello before here)