Vista and Autoit

Does Vista interact with autoit in any wierd way? I have a script that works perfectly fine on XP and when I try it on Vista, there's about a 30 second delay added in a section. I have gone over the code again but can't find anything there. I added the admin rights section that I saw some people suggest but I'm still getting this wierd delay in it.

Anyone know if Vista and Autoit just don't interact very well?

• Moderators

Does Vista interact with autoit in any wierd way? I have a script that works perfectly fine on XP and when I try it on Vista, there's about a 30 second delay added in a section. I have gone over the code again but can't find anything there. I added the admin rights section that I saw some people suggest but I'm still getting this wierd delay in it.

Anyone know if Vista and Autoit just don't interact very well?

That section with the delay, are you using any Pixel* functions?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...lite=%5CAero%5C

^^ was for AutoIt specific questions involving Jon.

And Here is the rest of the world:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...amp;btnG=Search

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

changed the theme and colors to classic. still same problem. don't know what to do now.

Don't use Vista? There's a start.

• Moderators

Truthfully I don't really like the windows operating systems thats why I mainly use Debian.

I wasn't kidding actually. If the system is the main OS ... And I couldn't afford to get a new HD with an XP system on it, I'd just install a virtual XP system on the Vista.

off, i had sli turned off for some games. turned sli back on and the problem disappeared.

also i tried installing a virtual xp system but I used the microsoft vm program since its free. couldn't do anything that required graphics.

should've just bought xp for this system. along with this asus p5n-t deluxe motherboard which has been nothing but problems . ..