Msgbox

I'm trying to react to a message box, so I can auto close it if the user doesn't do it after a set time period. But i'm unable to get to it. I've tried both send and controlclick.

Code Snippet:

if not (@error=0) then

;either cancel was clicked, so exit script

;since user too lazy to find browser

;or some other error, so just exit

msgbox(0,"Exiting","Unable to continue, This program will automatically end in 4 seconds(or you can press OK now).")

sleep(4000)

ControlClick("Exiting","","Button1")

;Send("{SPACE}")

exit

endif

Here is what I got from AutoItSpy:

( classname=#32770 )

Class: Button1

Text: OK

Thanks,

David :idiot:

msgbox(0,"Exiting","Unable to continue, This program will automatically end in 4 seconds(or you can press OK now).", 20)

Set to close in 20 seconds by extra parameter.

Is this what you wanted?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, thanks. I think too complicated sometimes.

However, my trying to control it(with send or control click) brought a point up. Is it not considered a window by autoit?

Make a GUI with the new unstable release, you can control that... (script doesn't pause)

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Make a GUI with the new unstable release, you can control that... (script doesn't pause)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, thanks Wolvereness.

I was just making an auto-email check script.

I was bringing up a msgbox in case the browserpath to the internet browser wasn't found. If user clicked cancel I brought up a msgbox saying as above(re:code snippet).

Once, I get more familiar w/Autoit I will. I wanted to use AutoIt to do training demos and/or interactive, but seems like there's no way to get where the shortcut on the windows menu would be (e.g. start, programs, word) how would i know where to click the mouse, since it can be at different places on different computers. I think I'll have to stick w/Director for the demo's and anything that needs to be generalized for any computer.

Try this (return value of msgbox combined with cancel box)

While 1
   $x = 1;- Some stuff leading to 'blah'
   If $x = 1 Then
      If MsgBox(5 + 48 + 256 + 4096 + 262144, 'title', 'remark') = 2 Then
         Exit
      Else
         ContinueLoop
      EndIf
   EndIf
WEnd
-Don't forget even msgbox has a return value

Some VERY GOOD ADVICE:

Next time just say EXACTLY what your doing, then say what you want. People might be able to do it in a completely different but better way.

Also: I didn't understand that first snippet, try using the ""

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]