Standard UDF library

Jos

your regexp pattern looks REALLY REALLY weird 0_o

Weird or wrong? I'm a bit rusty on regexp but it looks ok to me. Found it on the net.

and dont some smtp servers have passwords ?

Hmmm, didn't think of that. I'm pretty sure my ISP blocks access to smtp servers other than its own. It' supposed to combat spam.

Anyone have an ISP that doesn't do that that would like to expand the code to include a password?

Walkabout.

• 3 weeks later...

I have received all work done by Jeremy/Brian and have been working on modifying the basics UDF standards to be able to publish them. (see link below)

Also been modifying lots of UDF's adding Optional parameters (Great stuff this new feature! ).

I am going to try to get all below listed UDF's ready for the next release and plan to have the UDF's also included in the SciTE intellisense option for ease of coding.

==> Page containing all info needed to qualify for inclusion of a UDF.

==> List of "Latest versions of all UDF libraries (updated Feb 17, 2005)" include files

==> Installer which will update your V3.1.0 Helpfile and UDF files to the latest version (updated Feb 17, 2005) (contains these changes)

I welcome input on the listed UDFs like errors/ideas/Helppage-typo's etc..

Also new UDF's are welcome as long as they adhere to the standards and are usefull for a larger group of scripters. (and time permits to get it included :P )

Thanks to Jeremy Landes/Brian Keene for all the work they have done.

I'd like to recommend that all UDF's have accurate and appropriate documentation, so users don't have to read the code to find out how they work.

It would be great if all documentation has the same look/style/format, like the AutopIt helpfile.

Each UDF should have a 1-line synposis/description explaining the UDF, as well as a seprate paragaph describing arguments, ereturn values, and other details.

Documentation is more important than the UDF itself!!

Edited by cappy2112

I'd like to recommend that all UDF's have accurate and appropriate documentation, so users don't have to read the code to find out how they work.

It would be great if all documentation has the same look/style/format, like the AutopIt helpfile.

Each UDF should have a 1-line synposis/description explaining the UDF, as well as a seprate paragaph describing arguments, ereturn values, and other details.

Documentation is more important than the UDF itself!!

If I am not mistaken... that is what the very first post in this thread describes. I am unsure if everyone has followed the rules of the UDF post though.

I know back in the beginning when I made a UDF, when I submitted it, I had to write like 3 different documents for it to be included.

I agree that the documentation is the most important part.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

If I am not mistaken... that is what the very first post in this thread describes. I am unsure if everyone has followed the rules of the UDF post though.

I know back in the beginning when I made a UDF, when I submitted it, I had to write like 3 different documents for it to be included.

I agree that the documentation is the most important part.

JS

Where are these UDFs, and the helpfile for them tha tpeople keep referring to?

I've run the installer for 3.1.1, but there is no reference to _Singleton in the hlpfile, nor are there any udfs included in the installer.

Where are these UDFs, and the helpfile for them tha tpeople keep referring to?

I've run the installer for 3.1.1, but there is no reference to _Singleton in the hlpfile, nor are there any udfs included in the installer.

_Singleton and some other UDFs are installed with the beta and the docs for them are in the beta helpfile. Each UDF also has a header which can be seen if you open the include file for the UDF. Also others such as _ArrayDisplay are already in the stable (aka 3.1.1)

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

_Singleton and some other UDFs are installed with the beta and the docs for them are in the beta helpfile. Each UDF also has a header which can be seen if you open the include file for the UDF. Also others such as _ArrayDisplay are already in the stable (aka 3.1.1)

No I have it.

I didn't understand why Scite has two runs/compiles. I asn't seeing anything different between thw tow.

I'm surprised that the BEta feautes aren't greyed out when they are not installed.

Thanks for the tip.

I really need the _Singleton feature. My Autoit script started misbehaving miserably, after running fine.

It had aborted, but there were 4 copies still running in Task Manager.

First time having to ask something that I could not find after enough searching through the forums.

I was under the impression that the result of Func _ArrayPush(ByRef $avArray, $sValue, $i_Direction = 1) will be $sValue at the location $avArray[0] and each original value from $avArray[0] to $avArray[2nd last] will be moved up one position.

e.g. Array with 1,2,3,4,5 --- Push 8 with direction 1 will result in 8,1,2,3,4

Currently it returns 8,2,3,4,5

In the UDF the line is :-

"For $i = (UBound($avArray) - 1) To 1"

Shouldn't it be

"For $i = (UBound($avArray) - 1) To 1 Step -1"

for the loop to be effective at all?

-I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but the help file says

"A For loop will execute zero times if:

start > stop and step >= 0"

-Sitaraman

First time having to ask something that I could not find after enough searching through the forums.

I was under the impression that the result of Func _ArrayPush(ByRef $avArray, $sValue, $i_Direction = 1) will be $sValue at the location $avArray[0] and each original value from $avArray[0] to $avArray[2nd last] will be moved up one position.

e.g. Array with 1,2,3,4,5 --- Push 8 with direction 1 will result in 8,1,2,3,4

Currently it returns 8,2,3,4,5

In the UDF the line is :-

"For $i = (UBound($avArray) - 1) To 1"

Shouldn't it be

"For $i = (UBound($avArray) - 1) To 1 Step -1"

for the loop to be effective at all?

-I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but the help file says

"A For loop will execute zero times if:

start > stop and step >= 0"

-Sitaraman

This should be posted in the support forum.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• 2 months later...

Maybe an Error?

GuiListView

_GUICtrlListViewDeleteItemsSelected

If no Item is selected in the respective listview, this one crashed for me.

Cured for me with change from

For $i = $items[0] to 1 Step -1
    _GuiCtrlListViewDeleteItem($h_listview, $items[$i])
Next

to

if IsArray($items) then
    Next
endif

Edit: Typo

Edited by Polyphem
This post will be edited again by Polyphem: Tomorrow, 11:55 AM

• Moderators

Maybe an Error?

GuiListView

Next

to

if IsArray($items) then
    Next
endif

Why are you posting this here? (@Jon/Dev/Mod - Feel free to delete this response if and or when you move the above post)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Maybe an Error?

GuiListView

Next

to

if IsArray($items) then
    Next
endif

more appropriatly it would be changed to:

Local $items = _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices($h_listview, 1, $s_WindowTitle, $s_WindowText)
        If $items = $LV_ERR Then Return

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 1 month later...

I wrote an _isPrime function.

it tests if a number is a prim number or not

I posted another script for this before but i had some errors and now here is the improved code in the .rar file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

I've made some additions and changes to the "Date.au3" UDF

I've maintained functionality and adding 3 new functions.

Func _DateShiftMonthYear($iMonthNum, $iYear, $iDirection)

Func _DateShiftWeekdayNum($iWeekdayNum, $iDirection)

Func _DateShiftMonthNum($iMonthNum, $iDirection)

they make the Next & Last functions kinda pointless.

_DateNextMonthNum

_DateNextWeekdayNum

_DateNextMonthYear

_DateLastMonthNum

_DateLastWeekdayNum

_DateLastMonthYear

Date.au3

Edited by BlindWanderer

Added two new constants to GuiEdit.au3

Global Const $SB_TOP_LEFT = 6

Global Const $SB_BOTTOM_RIGHT = 7

They work with _GUICtrlEditScroll, the help for _GUICtrlEditScroll should be updated.

I'll look at adding them, and IF I add them In then the help file would be updated.

Would be helpful to know where you got the values for those two.

I'm not finding any documentation to support those, and until I do they won't be added.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Jos locked this topic